Happy weekend, lovlies!!
Have you been a fashion & style mixologyst this week? I journeyed thought the days in a flowy dress on Monday; then switched it up to a sheath one for Tuesday; desired comfort on Wednesday, so the dress of choice was a soft jersey materiel; interviewed candidates for our office, in a wool skirt and silk cami combo, on Thursday; celebrated the coming of the weekend in an oversized sweater on Friday; then crop pants, a waste-defining top, and a cardi were for Saturday… After a fun week of fashion exploration, its time to get back to the basics and resort to the simple pieces of the wardrobe. So for today’s outfit I am grabbing a few items that never go out of style:
- The white button down shirt–comfortable and classic this cotton essential could be casual or dressy. It all depends on what you pair it with! Mine is from Tommy Hilfiger (on SALE NOW! for under $30) and has roll up sleeves in case the weather gets warm mid-day, aka California in the fall! 🙂
- The dark wash skinny jeans–have you ever met a person who dislikes denim? Majority of us would probably wear jeans any chance we get. Even Yves Saint-Laurent says: “I wish I had invented blue jeans. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity – all I hope for in my clothes.” I love this pair by Calvin Klein, but this American Eagle pair is a bit less pricey and just as good!
- The natural leather accessories:
- a saddle bag (Lucky Brand – similar here)
- high boots (Nine West – similar here)
- belt (American Eagle – similar here and here – this one is on sale for <$14)
To kept the classics exciting pair those with:
- A boho natural stone necklaces (Lucky Brand – similar concept here)
- And last but not least, the season’s favorite wool hat (Lucky Brand)
What are some of the wardrobe basics you have returned to recently?
Have a fantastic Sunday, lovely readers!