Summer makes me so happy, I really don’t want it to ever end. I know, I know… I live in LA and there is nothing too severe about the other three seasons here. I am just one of those people that loves going to the beach, loves warm and light evenings, eats watermelon and peaches till her tummy feels like exploding, and is willing to deal with the insane mid-day heat in order to reap the rest of the benefits of summer. And “YES!” dresses are one of those benefits.
Today’s look is inspired by comfort–a level of easy wear that is pretty at the same time–a win-win in my books. The main act is the Blue Off Neckline Long Sleeve 3/4 Length A Line Women’s Dress by us.vip.com. It is so chic, girly and pleasant to wear! I also adore all the details this dress wows us with:
- Off the shoulder with a twist–not in your most traditional and expected way, the OTS detail here looks like a shirt collar and adds so much visual interest to this piece. There also are straps which help hold the dress up and camouflage your bra straps, however if you don’t like the strap look you can hide those just as successfully.
- Top button front–a major trend this summer, which also draws your eye to the dress without screaming loudly at all.
- Pockets–ahhh, any dress with pockets makes me smile. I also love the pocket flap and button detail present here–somehow it adds an unexpected semi-formal twist to this chic dress.
- Draw string waist line–makes it easy to define the thinnest part of your body and looks good even after a Sunday brunch! 😉
- A-line silhouette and soft material–the combination of those two produces a swing dress that makes me want to twirl and twirl like a little girl in the middle of a candy store. The fabric is so soft–real pleasure to wear.
If you have not visited us.vip.com you should do so–they have so many beautiful items and amazing prices right now. You can purchase a genuine leather handbag for under $20!!! ALSO, use coupon code Marieta1142 for $5 OFF on orders over $50.
Dress | Flats | Hat | Bag | Sunglasses
Happy August, lovelies!
Hope your weekend was full of pleasant surprises and happy times with family and friends! We had a fun birthday party to go to and made it to the beach just in time as the temperatures here are upward of 90 degrees and the ocean breeze always makes things better. I did get a little sun-burnt, but I should know better than to ignore the sunscreen when it is calling my name, hehe.
What made out trip to the beach even more fun were my funky All For Color Birds of Paradise Camille Convertible Maxi and our stylish Anchor Duffel Bag from Sloane Ranger.
This strapless convertible maxi is so eye-catching. I love the unique print, combining vibrant colors and a pretty leafs and birds design to create one attention-grabbing fabric masterpiece. It is made from the most comfy, untra soft, cotton jersey material which makes it a pleasure to wear. Since we went to the beach I used this dress as my cover-up, but it is also perfect as a skirt as the top part folds over, giving you the flexibility to combine it with your favorite summer tee! For more All For Color maxis, click here! For 20% OFF your purchase and free shipping on orders over $50 use code: OOTDINSTYLE.
And this gorgeous canvas Anchor Duffler! Is there a better bag to go to the beach with?!? It’s dimensions allowed me to fill it up with everything we may need for a day under the sun – beach towels, an extra set of clothes, water, diapers and baby essentials (it even doubled as a diaper bag!), sunscreen, and some snacks. The webbed shoulder strap makes it easy to carry hands-free for those moments when you need to grab a little hand to lead. The strap is detachable and adjustable to fit your desires. This bag is also fully lined and sports a vegan-friendly leather trim! Check the range of dufflers by Sloan Ranger here. If you like the anchor print, but want a different shape, check these out!
Dress: All For Color
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Duffel Bag: Sloane Ranger
Crochet Straw Tote: Nordstrom
Toddler Chambray Dress: Gap Baby
Toddler Sandals: H&M Kids
Toddler Sunglasses: Carters
Please, drop me a line and let me know what your favorite beach accessories are and whether you found your match at All For Color or Sloane Ranger! Happy summer!