Summer is just around the corner and that means sunglasses season is upon us. I have to admin sunglasses are a favorite accessory and I have a hard time staying away from those. So this week’s post is dedicate to my passion and highlighting four styles that would rock summer 2017.
THE FUNKY – meet these burgundy Calvin Klein cat-eye loves. I put those on and I immediately feel like I am back in the 70’s at a Palm Springs pool party. The color is so unusual, yet easy on the eyes–this pair is polarized, so I could look into the sun and be well-protected, while feeling groovy and stylish.
THE COOL – when it comes to aviators you can say that I have been in love for many years now. This reflective Ray-Ban pair is among my all-time favorites and always makes me feel the cool kid on the block.
THE FEMININE – every girl needs a pair of black lady-like sunnies. This square shaped Armani pair is large enough to protect your eyes from the sun while pairing up greatly with an oversized floppy hat and a pretty sun dress.
THE HIP – the Ray-Ban Clubrounds are just so trendy and up-to-the-minute. They have a bit of a hipster flavor mixed in with a Beetles vibe. Their makers refer to those as: “the newest Ray-Ban legend … inspired by the authentic style of modern intellectuals and bohemian creatives.” I love the tortoise and gold frames as they pair up perfectly with golden jewels and pretty much any summer look.
What are some of your favorite sunglasses? Are they among your favorite accessories? Let me know in the comments!
Happy accessorizing, lovely people!
Happy May! I am so excited to share this post with you!! This week I am introducing you to Hanna and Simone–both extremely pretty and a perfect “partner in crime” for this season as well as summer!
Those of you who have followed me for a while know that I am a total fan of lace. I also adore white, so a pretty white lace dress makes this woman very happy! Cuddy Studios made two such dresses that caught my eye, namely Hannah and Simone (I even love the names and had considered one of them when it was time to name my little princess)!
Hannah is a tank dress made out of a white floral lace fabric. It’s wide neckline and scooped back make it perfect for hot spring and even hotter summer days! The back has the cutest adjustable, delicate tie detail, which adds more visual interest and a fun twist. I also like the cut of this dress – you can add a belt to it for waist definition or just let it flow for a 60’s free spirit feel. I wore this dress with both heels and flats and enjoyed the more casual or a bit dressier option those added to the outfit.
Simone attracted me with its white holographic-feel, laser-cut diamond fabric and flattering A-line silhouette. It’s bell sleeves add a boho chic flavor to this classy dress! Just like the Hannah, Simone can be worn to a casual weekend brunch or paired with heels for a date night or a night out with the girls. I wore it with a skinny watermelon belt, watermelon heel and bag which complemented the dress and added a pop to the outfit.
If you love a little white dress and desire to satisfy your craving for a new one, be sure to check out Cuddy Studios! They have some amazing items inspired by the abstract geometric art of the sixties and seventies, paired with a classy cut for a sophisticated clothing line! Cuddy Studios are a small brand out of Seattle currently sold in over 85 boutiques nationwide, so grab a piece of their uniqueness and enjoy a 50% off with promo code: SHOP50 entered upon checkout.
And don’t forget to show me what you picked out–would love to see a Cuddy Studio piece on you! 🙂
Hello Lovely People,
Happy April! As we are entering the heart of spring I wanted to bring a bright and cheerful look to you with an element of animal print you can style three different ways without changing a single piece of the outfit.
What do you think of this fun neon and gray zebra print dress from 337 Brand? Isn’t it perfect for spring and summer? It is simple and versatile, yet commands attention! The v-neck allows you to display a fun necklace or two and pairs up perfectly with both gold and silver accents. The relaxed fit allows for your creativity to shine through when styling the dress. The Jersey Burnout fabric is light and a tad bit sheer adding to the print for even more visual interest.
To make an outfit, I paired this dress with while, ankle-length, skinny jeans and neon and cream peep toes that perfectly complement the dress. I added a cream bag to play into the color scheme as I believe a three-color rule works perfect for this style.
So what did I do with the dress to achieve my three different looks:
- Define the waist – to add some definition I belted the dress with a white braided belt–keeping in the color combo I chose. This dress also looks great with a wider waist belt for an even more dramatic look.
- Set it free – this option is great for a more relaxed feel or if you’ve just had an enjoyable brunch 😉
- Tie the knot – the dress lends itself to the current trend of tying your tee. This option let’s your bottoms shine, rather than being just the supporting act for the dress.
Burnout Mini T-Shirt Dress
GAP 1969 Raw Edge White Jeans – similar here
Suede Woven Mix Belt
Calvin Klein Neon and Cream Peep Toes – old, but the outfit would look great with these
Ralph Lauren Cream Bag – similar here and here
Have you found a smaller brand of clothing you have really enjoyed lately? Check out 337 Brand – they have some fun pieces to spice up your wardrobe with!
Happy fashion explorations, babe!
Looking out of the window this morning, the sun inspired the color-seeker in me and got me dreaming of an outfit to reflect its cheerful rays. Sooooo, I grabbed a wrap dress with a fun geo print combining yellow, cream, and a couple of blue tones and decided to build my outfit on that color scheme. I had the perfect pair of yellow kitten heels and a cream bag, both having gold accents and picking up a hue from the dress. To expand on the gold theme, I added a gold statement necklace and earrings, and a two-toned watch. I coordinated my glasses so that their metal part is in tune as well and voila–the outfit was ready in 5 minutes!
Why do I love this outfit? Besides being bright, cheerful and spring-ready, it is also very easy to assemble and wear. As most full-time working mamas, I find that some mornings I just don’t have the time to put an elaborate outfit together and be out of the door on time. Dresses and jumpsuits to the rescue – those are so convenient as they have got you covered and all that is left to think about are the accessories.
This dress is also made of cotton, which makes it a pleasure to wear. I am one of those people who always checks the label, because I appreciate having a natural fabric against my skin–cotton, linen, silk and leather are favorites in my book.
Dress – Lucky Brand (old, beautiful floral cold-shoulder option here and a Ralph Lauren one here)
Shoes – Nine West (old, similar here and here. A cool-colored kitten heel option for spring here)
Bag – Ralph Lauren (old, similar here and here)
Glasses – Ray-Ban Clubround
So go on ladies, be bold with your colors and enjoy playing with some patterns! Happy styling!
“Sun is shining, the weather is sweet, yeah
Make you wanna” dress in your lighter clothes now
“To the rescue,” winter coat no more
“Want you to know, y’all, can you understand?” (quotation portions are Bob Marley’s)
Do you guys love being greeted by the sun in the morning? Doesn’t it put a spring in your step and a smile on your face? It also helps us shell out of the heavy layers we have been hiding under during the winter season and that always makes me happy. Spring is just around the corner and I wanted to share this outfit with you as it is such a great way to transition to this new, exciting season. Why?
- Colors – white, coral, cream and blue denim. For many people white tends to symbolize purity, light, a “clean slate,”… to me it also screams “SUMMER!” I feel similarly about cream, and find the combination of white and cream quite serine and attractive. Adding a punch of color with coral awakens the outfit, as coral is vibrant and in tandem with the deep blue denim makes me think of the pretty water life of the Caribbean.
- Cut – both this top and my blazer have 3/4 sleeves and what better way to transition between long and short sleeves and into spring?! These skinny jeans could partner with any shoe type during any season and a pair of bold heels in not an exception.
- Materials – all the pieces of this outfit are made from either cotton or linen or a blend of the two. I enjoy wearing these materials during any season. However, both are particularly great for the warmer months as they are breathable, light and 100% natural.
Top: Lucky Brand Placed Print Top
Jeans: Lucky Brand Brooke Straight
Blazer: Lucky Brand Feminine Eyelet Blazer
Heels: Aldo Ripiego
Bag: Lucky Brand (suggested here)
I hope the weather is warming up where you are as well and that you would get to wear your favorite spring outfits soon as well!
This is going to be a quick one as I just saw that Lucky Brand is having an amazing sale–check it out HERE! And it gets better!! You can get $20 off your purchase by clicking HERE or following this link: http://fbuy.me/eNbA-
Here are some of my favorites from the SALE:
And don’t forget to get your $20 off as well!
Happy LUCKY BRAND shopping, ladies and gents!
*All photos are Lucky Brand LLC photos.
Hello, lovely people!
Happy February! I recently went on vacation to the US Virgin Island of St. Croix, and boy, is it a beautiful piece of land surrounded by the most vibrant, countless-shades-of-blue water! Some of the architecture is stunning and where a building has turned into an abandoned ruin the flora has taken over and turned it into a charming, out-of-Tom-Sayer site! I could imagine countless photo-shoots there–a photographer’s Paradise!
As beautiful as St. Croix is, it is also not a very posh place. People are very welcoming, but unfortunately seem to live on a penny, the infrastructure is sort of maintained, and the island does not house many fancy restaurants or stores, BUT that is just part of its endless charm! It is a relaxing, let-your-hair-down, makeup-free, non-pretentious, casual kind of island.
So, what are some of the essentials you would need to have an enjoyable vacation:
- A few pairs of bikini (love the VS options here)–the island offers many wonderful beaches (my favorites are Sugar Cane Beach, Rainbow Beach and Sandy Point Beach) and you would love to be in or by the water as much as possible.
- A snorkel set (I have a Speedo set that worked very well)–don’t miss the beauty that lives in the water. It is such a calm and astonishing underwater world that you can enjoy by simply investing $35 in some fins, a mask and a snorkel. It takes “playing in the water” to a whole new level.
- Sunglasses (got my Kenneth Cole pair, similar here)–it is nice and sunny all the time, and if you are like me and have love for the sun, but can’t look it in the eye for too long, sunglasses would be much needed and appreciated.
- Flip-flops (wore this AEO pair everywhere) and flats (I wore my Lucky Brand Ellie pair)–I could have done this entire vacation in my flip-flops, but there was something nice about being able to slip into flats for dinner and the evening weather would allow it! Don’t bother with heels–you will look totally out of place, fell uncomfortable and perhaps a bit tired after a day in the water and under the sun.
- Your favorite casual dresses and cover-ups–I brought 5 or 6 dresses, a pair of shorts and a skirt, but the dresses worked so well I didn’t need anything else. You can throw those over your swimsuit with your flip-flops or pair them up with your flats for dinner, a visit to the botanical garden, a tour of the rum distilleries, and voila–you are island ready!
- A light jacket (love this Lucky Brand option) or cardi–I always feel cold and St. Croix gets a nice breeze that runs trough the island most of the time–day or night, so I appreciated having a thin denim blazer for a dinner or cocktails out in the evening.
What is nice to have, but not essential:
- If you are planning on some hiking adventures you may want to bring a pair of running shoes. I hiked in flip-flops, but wished for my sneakers would magically appear on my feet. 😉
- Board shorts would also be good for a hike, a paddle board afternoon, jet-skiing or a night out in a see-through kayak to check out the bio-luminescence at Salt River Bay.
- A small cross-body bag to house your credit card, some cash, and small essentials.
- A backpack for the beach or a hike.
- A hat–another way to protect yourself from the sun, however it is a bit windy, which means you may end up chasing your fedora or panama down the beach.
What to leave at home:
- Fancy jewels;
- Designer bags;
- Cocktail dresses;
- Full makeup set.
St. Croix is a low-key, casual-essentials kind of island, so leave your fancy fashion behind for this vacay, grab your sunscreen, bathing suit, snorkel, an adventure spirit and enjoy the raw fun this island has to offer!
Happy vacationing, ladies and gents!!
Hello lovely people,
We are in the midst of winter season! Can you believe it? Do you feel like you are stuck in the world of neutrals or the black zone when it comes to winter outfits? I sure am guilty as charged! No matter what I do I end up having too many black garments all combined into a monochrome look that I rotate from December trough the end of March and I just can’t seem to break free from that habit.
This week I have been trying to wear more of my winter dresses and it dawned on me–animal print is a great way to spice up the winter wardrobe! It make me feel more vibrant, chic and “wild”! It provides a pattern for the eye to enjoy and a pop for the outfit to stand out, even if the pattern is only in the neutral color palette.
I tend to have all my animal print on dresses, but I think an animal print sweater or pair of shoes would have an equally powerful effect in refreshing your winder style.
Dress 1: Banana Republic Faux Wrap (similar here and here)
Dress 2: Banana Republic Kimono (similar here and here)
Dress3: Kenneth Cole Bodycon (similar here and here)
Dress4: Calvin Klein Sheath (similar here and here)
Happy Saturday, Loves! See you on the wild side! 😉
Bonjour, ladies and gents!
After the mini monsoon season we have had in LA, the sun is out and I can wear something that is not waterproof! Oh joy! 😉 I don’t know about you but I am a total sucker for the SUN…
Anyhow, do you feel like when you reach a certain point in your life, certain types of clothing no longer fits in your wardrobe?! This is the feeling I had towards slogan tees, sweaters, pants, anything that had a message on it… Don’t get me wrong, I still think those are cool, just perhaps for someone in their teens or early twenties.
Well, guess what?! I laid my eyes on this American Eagle cardi and the rule went out the window… “HELLO slogan cardi! I LOVE YOU and I want to make you mine!” Don’t you think we all appreciate a bit of a “Keep on Dreamin'” reminder? Dreams keep us going, inspire our days and make our smiles shine brighter!
I decided to combine this inspo cardi with a pair of black JCrew skinny jeans, a denim Calvin Klein shirt (similar here) and my favorite Lucky Brand Leeir booties. I do not own a red bag, but this Lucky Brand bucket one would look so cute with the outfit, as there is a red stripe on the cardi’s sleeve. I wore my favorite tan purse as I did not want all my accessories to be black, added some Ray-Ban Aviators and VOILA! This cardigan would also look great with some ripped denim and a simple white tee.
Happy Sunday, babes and KEEP ON DREAMING!
You may have noticed that I have developed a bootie addiction recently… Ahhhhh! I have to admit, I have vowed not to purchase any more of those, but this is the first season I am taking a leap into the land of booties. I have always liked the appearance of those, but did not think they looked very elegant on my legs. This fall/winter I decided to give booties a try and span a tad bit out of control—hehe! I love all five pairs I purchased and all for a different reason:
- The Lucky Brand Linnea Booties started it all! I loved the fact that they came in this unique brindle color, were suede, and had a pointy, yet not super pointy front, making them suitable for both jeans and dresses or skirts. The studs were an added bonus as those gave the eye a bit more to enjoy! BTW, January sales are in full swing and these “firestarter” booties are currently on sale for $67.49
- The Lucky Brand Leeir Studded Bootie – those were the last of my splurge, but they got me good as I decided to purchase both a black and a java pair. OK, where do I begin with these… First of all they are a mix of leather and suede, the stacked heel screams “Comfort!”, and the combination of those studs and zippers is surely a show-stopper!! The black pairs up nicely with the silver metal accents, and the java jives oh-so-well with the gold. I just could not resist their temptation! And… Guess what? It is your lucky day because those are on sale for $72.49! Are you in love?! ❤
- The Lorry Bootie – classy and clean, these leather booties have a pointed toe and a bit more of a Western edge, which makes them the perfect suitor for a pair of jeans or a hobo-inspited dress. Added bonus–you can wear them in the rain or snow and not worry about them being ruined! These beauties cost $67.49 and also come in black.
- And last but not least, the Ceder Western-Inspired Booties – I opted out for the natural suede as the color appealed to me. I loved the detail, one that in not in your face! The 1 1/2″ heel and padded insoles sure proved comfortable. Those booties pair up very nicely with a trench coat and jeans, or a pair of leggings and a comfy oversized sweater. The Ceder Western Booties are currently on sale for $69.99 with an additional 20% off over at Nine West.
So here it is–a round-up of my booties splurge! Have you recently purchased up a storm if a new type of piece for your wardrobe?
Happy January SALES shopping, y’all!