Hello, beautiful people!
So what are two of my favorite things? Mid-week and mid-August? Hehe! Almost, although this time I will be talking about LACE and EMBROIDERY details. This week’s outfit has both and is a casual look I know I will be sporting from now till there are warm Fall days to enjoy.
Let’s dice this look into its comprising pieces:
- Jenny Surplice Blouse – this is one of my newest summer-to-fall additions. This blouse is so boho chic and “had me at its sleeves!” The lace detailing and the bell shape spoke to me from the moment I say this blouse on Stay Warm in Style’s page. I find the light mauve color so feminine and trendy, at the same time, as it has a “washed off” flair. The third favorite feature is the V-neckline with cross string detailing–adds to the “happening now” vibe of the blouse.
- Sienna Slim Boyfriend Jean – what is there not to love about these jeans? They are ripped, embroidered, comfy, have an aged, broken-in feel and pair up perfectly with the Jenny Blouse. Not only do they both ooze a boho vibe as one of the embroidered flower’s color is the perfect match with the top’s color.
- Floppy Hat – these are such a great accessory for Fall. A hat can add so much edge to an outfit and I feel like this one competes the look. It features a braided leather band with beaded tassel trim and a five-inch brim.
- A pair of sandstone heels and bag to match, and VOILA! The look is complete and ready for cooler summer evenings, fall days, or even some warm LA winter ones!
Top – Stay Warm in Style
Jeans – Lucky Brand
Hat – Lucky Brand
Heels – old Banana Republic (similar Sam Edelman pair here)
Bag – old BEBE (similar Rebecca Minkoff option here)
Sunglasses – Calvin Klein
Earrings – Lucky Brand
What has been you favorite casual look lately?
Happy mid-week! Doesn’t is feel joyous to know you are getting over the hump and half-way trough to the weekend?! On that note let me share a few fun facts about a fabric I love–SILK!
Did you know that silk is obtained from the cocoons of the larvae of the mulberry silkworm? It is a natural protein fiber that can be woven into fabric. Silk textile was first developed in ancient China and has been considered a luxurious material since 3630 BC, but is currently widely used in the medical field as well (magical properties, I tell ya!). It is very comfortable to wear in warm weather and while active, because it is very absorbent. It is also great for cold weather, as its low conductivity keeps warm air close to the skin. OK, so why am I going on and on about silk?!? Well, because I am in love with my new silk midi dress from METISU.
Why is this dress my new favorite?
- Silk is perfect for the summer heat and it does indeed give the dress a luxurious look, while my skin enjoys its softness;
- If you have read my prior article you know I love dresses that can go from a day in the office to a night out and this one fits the bill as it has midi length, half-sleeve, scoop neckline that all feels conservatively-elegant;
- The dress may look simple, but has so many details to enjoy: paneled design, tied waist, a split front and pockets! Yes, pockets – and I so LOVE having those!! Let’s be honest – I never use them as such, but just knowing they are there makes me feel cool!
- The color is not something you see every day and I know I will be wearing this dress well into Fall (when the weather permits that is) as it combined perfectly with earthy neutrals.
Have you checked out METISU’s dresses yet? They have trendy, new items (not just dresses, but I am just a sucker for those) every week! Let me know if you find anything you like on their website! There is an up to 70% mid-season sale right now! Would love to see it!
Heels: old Banana Republic, similar here
Clutch: old, similar here
Earrings and Necklace: Lucky Brand
Watch: Raymond Weil
Happy rest of the week, beauties!
Hope your week has been going great and that you have some exciting plans for the upcoming weekend.
Since we are in the heat of summer and florals are huge during this season I wanted to introduce you to a floral midi dress with a twist, by METISU. I find this abstract pattern to be very artistic and inspiring. The flowers have a beautifully undefined shape and colors that flow from one flower to the other. The pops of brighter red and green stand out from the more muted earthy, tobacco tones and black background. This unusual color story gives you countless possibilities when it comes to accessories. I chose a blue Chanel bag and gold heels, but black, green, red or any neutral toned bag and shoes would also compliment this pretty dress very well.
The crew neck, midi length, and half-sleeve make this dress perfect for work, whereas the slim-fitting, elegant silhouette and side slid perfect it for “play”! I wore it in the office, followed by a performance at the Disney Concert Hall–it suited both occasions to the t!
This dress is excellent for summer as it is from a very light material. It also comes with a waist belt should you decide you desire additional definition in that area. It is also currently on sale for just $60, so hurry in and grab yours or show me what you chose from the wonderful METISU sale going on right now!
Heels: Banana Republic (similar here)
Watch: Raymond Weil Tango
Earrings: Lucky Brand
Do I hear wedding bells? Yes, with summer comes wedding season and beautiful white dresses that we all want to wear all day, every day… But is it against the rules to be a wedding guest and wear a white dress? After all white and ivory are reserved for the bride and it is her day to shine. If you know the bride is more traditional I would recommend that you opt out of white and choose a pretty dress in a different color – blush is beautiful and still going strong this season, yellow is always cheerful and another great color for a summer day wedding, and mint green is soft and sophisticated – just to list a few.
However, if you know your bride is not one to care for the rules and has chosen a more contemporary approach to her wedding, then perhaps you can step into your white dress and enjoy her special day! Here are a few rules to help you make the right choice:
- Would the bride be in white or ivory?
- Do you know the bride well enough to ask her what she thinks of you white dress?
- Does your white dress look like something you would wear to your wedding shower?
- Is your dress made from lace, tulle, or any other fabric that resembles a wedding gown?
- Is your dress floor-length?
If you answer to questions 1, 3, 4, and 5 was “YES”, then think twice. If your answer to 2 was “YES”, then take a photo of your dress and share it with the bride.
Should you have decided to be wear white, the White Hollow Out Flounce Hem Midi Dress by Metisu is pure PERFECTION!! Why do I think so:
- The crew neckline keeps it classy as you are not showing any cleavage.
- The see-trough elements add just enough visual interest without being inappropriate at all.
- The midi length is stylish yet classy.
- The flounce hem is very feminine and romantic.
- The line of the dress is so elegant and sophisticated.
- This dress does not need jewelry – it speaks for itself. All you can add are some pearl earrings and a ring.
- The lace is not floral in pattern and hence does not resemble a bridal dress lace fabric.
- It pairs up perfectly with any bag – depending on the occasion! I chose this Sam Edelman navy and grey clutch with a silver chain as the rest of my jewels were silver.
- It is easy to put together with any heels! I chose a pair of BCBG peep toes in a navy, green, grey and white print, one I believe a bride would not wear with her wedding dress (in an effort not to look bridal.) This pair also matched up the clutch rounding off my accessories nicely.
Shoes: BCBG (another perfect pair here)
Clutch: Sam Edelman
Round Sunglasses: Polaroid
Watch: Raymond Weil
Earrings and Ring: Sundance
Have you even worn white to a wedding? What are you favorite wedding looks? What do you think of this dress? Drop me a line to let me know and have a wonderful week!
Hello ladies and gents!
Hope your three-days weekend was fantastic and marked the beginning of a fun and happy summer season!
I have to admit I am enjoying spring, however summer has always been my favorite season and in celebration of its arrival I am dedicating this post to the perfect outfit for a day under the sun.
What are the essentials a girl needs:
- a pretty sun dress – somehow dresses have this ability to make a girl feel pretty and want to twirl all around town… This one has me feeling exactly that way. The top is an embroidered eyelet bib with delicate straps and lots of vintage charm. The midi-length gives it a classy yet fun feel and the cotton fabric, as subtle as the design, is so light that you can barely feel it – just the right kind of material and style for a hot day. One thing to note is that the top part of the dress could be a bit tight. I purchased a size Small and it fits me well, however it may be a bit snug.
- a floppy hat – hats add so much character to a look! This wide brim, floppy beach hat is sure to also provide your face with great protection from the sun. I love its fringed edges and seaside vacation vibe!
- sunglasses – if you are like me and the sun really bugs your eyes, consider adding your favorite sunglasses – those would add some charm and protect out sight as well! 🙂
- a bag for your belongings – saddle bags have been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years – they are compact and can fit everything I need for a day. If you are heading to the beach pair this look with a cool beach tote (use code OOTDINSTYLE for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $50) and voila!
- some pretty jewellery to complete your look – this dress would look beautiful with both silver and gold jewels. I wanted my jewelry to be just as dainty as the dress, so I paired it up with a vintage rose necklace, gold earrings with some sparkle and a couple of gold rings (similar items here). I am very used to wearing a watch and owning a two-toned one has made it so easy to pair up with any other jewelry.
- a cute pair of shoes – which girl does not love heels?! This dress would look fab with some block-heel-lace-up sandals. For a day out and about, I love being able to roam around in comfort, so I opt out for flats during the day and leave heels for an evening/night out!
I want to THANK the sweet, talented, and professional Arianna Sharfman of Arianna Sharfman Photography for the beautiful images and the great conversation and ease she made me feel during our photoshoot. Check out her work – she is so incredibly friendly and a pleasure to work with!
Happy almost-summer, lovelies!!
Photo Credit: Ariana Sharfman
Summer is just around the corner and that means sunglasses season is upon us. I have to admin sunglasses are a favorite accessory and I have a hard time staying away from those. So this week’s post is dedicate to my passion and highlighting four styles that would rock summer 2017.
THE FUNKY – meet these burgundy Calvin Klein cat-eye loves. I put those on and I immediately feel like I am back in the 70’s at a Palm Springs pool party. The color is so unusual, yet easy on the eyes–this pair is polarized, so I could look into the sun and be well-protected, while feeling groovy and stylish.
THE COOL – when it comes to aviators you can say that I have been in love for many years now. This reflective Ray-Ban pair is among my all-time favorites and always makes me feel the cool kid on the block.
THE FEMININE – every girl needs a pair of black lady-like sunnies. This square shaped Armani pair is large enough to protect your eyes from the sun while pairing up greatly with an oversized floppy hat and a pretty sun dress.
THE HIP – the Ray-Ban Clubrounds are just so trendy and up-to-the-minute. They have a bit of a hipster flavor mixed in with a Beetles vibe. Their makers refer to those as: “the newest Ray-Ban legend … inspired by the authentic style of modern intellectuals and bohemian creatives.” I love the tortoise and gold frames as they pair up perfectly with golden jewels and pretty much any summer look.
What are some of your favorite sunglasses? Are they among your favorite accessories? Let me know in the comments!
Happy accessorizing, lovely people!
Happy May! I am so excited to share this post with you!! This week I am introducing you to Hanna and Simone–both extremely pretty and a perfect “partner in crime” for this season as well as summer!
Those of you who have followed me for a while know that I am a total fan of lace. I also adore white, so a pretty white lace dress makes this woman very happy! Cuddy Studios made two such dresses that caught my eye, namely Hannah and Simone (I even love the names and had considered one of them when it was time to name my little princess)!
Hannah is a tank dress made out of a white floral lace fabric. It’s wide neckline and scooped back make it perfect for hot spring and even hotter summer days! The back has the cutest adjustable, delicate tie detail, which adds more visual interest and a fun twist. I also like the cut of this dress – you can add a belt to it for waist definition or just let it flow for a 60’s free spirit feel. I wore this dress with both heels and flats and enjoyed the more casual or a bit dressier option those added to the outfit.
Simone attracted me with its white holographic-feel, laser-cut diamond fabric and flattering A-line silhouette. It’s bell sleeves add a boho chic flavor to this classy dress! Just like the Hannah, Simone can be worn to a casual weekend brunch or paired with heels for a date night or a night out with the girls. I wore it with a skinny watermelon belt, watermelon heel and bag which complemented the dress and added a pop to the outfit.
If you love a little white dress and desire to satisfy your craving for a new one, be sure to check out Cuddy Studios! They have some amazing items inspired by the abstract geometric art of the sixties and seventies, paired with a classy cut for a sophisticated clothing line! Cuddy Studios are a small brand out of Seattle currently sold in over 85 boutiques nationwide, so grab a piece of their uniqueness and enjoy a 50% off with promo code: SHOP50 entered upon checkout.
And don’t forget to show me what you picked out–would love to see a Cuddy Studio piece on you! 🙂
Have you had workdays when instead of going out to lunch you clear your head with a shopping break? I don’t get do so too often as time does not usually permit (bummer, but my wallet thanks me! Hehe!), however once in a blue moon I hop down to the shops and enter the world of fashion. That is how I acquired today’s fun blog outfit – a bit out of my comfort zone when it comes to the skirt, however suitable for a night out with the girls or a date with your man.
Bodysuits have made a big comeback lately and I have to say I am digging this trend for two reasons: 1) a “tucked-in” look is easy to pull off as bodysuits keeps the fabric close to your body and well pulled to prevent bunching and extra fabric around the tummy area; 2) those have the power to make me feel feminine and chic–like a hidden dancer lives within me (hello “Dirty Dancing” days!). Today bodysuits come in variety of styles and fabrics, so if you are a fan you can indulge.
Leather and suede skirts are so edgy–one can completely elevate the hip level of an outfit. I am totally in love with this Lucky Brand leather skirt (which I will share with you on Instagram shortly), however if you do not want to invest in one, a faux leather option could be super cool and just as edgy. Love the ruffles on the skirt I am wearing and a faux leather material makes such cute details possible.
Have you picked up a new outfit during lunch lately? Go ahead, give it a shot! It is a relaxing and exciting option all at the same time, and it actually burns calories! 😉
Skirt – Zara (similar here and here)
Bodysuit – Zara (the out is gone, but this tropical print option is even better and the exact same cut as mine)
Pumps – Banana Republic (similar here and here)
Leather Clutch – similar here and here
Looking out of the window this morning, the sun inspired the color-seeker in me and got me dreaming of an outfit to reflect its cheerful rays. Sooooo, I grabbed a wrap dress with a fun geo print combining yellow, cream, and a couple of blue tones and decided to build my outfit on that color scheme. I had the perfect pair of yellow kitten heels and a cream bag, both having gold accents and picking up a hue from the dress. To expand on the gold theme, I added a gold statement necklace and earrings, and a two-toned watch. I coordinated my glasses so that their metal part is in tune as well and voila–the outfit was ready in 5 minutes!
Why do I love this outfit? Besides being bright, cheerful and spring-ready, it is also very easy to assemble and wear. As most full-time working mamas, I find that some mornings I just don’t have the time to put an elaborate outfit together and be out of the door on time. Dresses and jumpsuits to the rescue – those are so convenient as they have got you covered and all that is left to think about are the accessories.
This dress is also made of cotton, which makes it a pleasure to wear. I am one of those people who always checks the label, because I appreciate having a natural fabric against my skin–cotton, linen, silk and leather are favorites in my book.
Dress – Lucky Brand (old, beautiful floral cold-shoulder option here and a Ralph Lauren one here)
Shoes – Nine West (old, similar here and here. A cool-colored kitten heel option for spring here)
Bag – Ralph Lauren (old, similar here and here)
Glasses – Ray-Ban Clubround
So go on ladies, be bold with your colors and enjoy playing with some patterns! Happy styling!
Today I decided to share with you an outfit that makes me feel comfy in my skin. It is my definition of perfect balance between low key and yet well put together, casual yet chic, simple yet incorporating great details.
So what are the ingredients for this “casual comfort” cocktail? I mixed my favorite pair of cropped ripped jeans from BEBE (similar here and here) with a basic black cotton tee (I love this choker tee option). I decided to play up the gold zip and button accents of the jeans by pairing those with gold Nine West loafers (those are like slippers on your feet–similar here, here and here) gold statement necklace by Lucky Brand (this one would look great with a black and gold outfit! But this Lucky Brand option is just as beautiful as well!) and gold earrings.
To top the look I would have added gold reflective Ray-Ban aviators, but a pair of little hands I totally adore got to those before me and let’s say made them not very “user friendly”, so instead I used the silver reflective version I have managed to preserve, hehe! Of course a lady’s outfit is only complete with a bag and I love this seashell BOTKIER purse similar to mine.
What type of outfit makes you feel comfy in your skin on a weekday or during the weekend?
Have a happy and comfy spring, ladies and gents!