Today I am introducing you to my new fall favorites from METISU – a dress for daytime and one for nighttime. Surprisingly their colors are flipped – the Navy Blue Striped Midi Dress With Two Pockets is my choice for your 9 to 5 and the Apricot V-neck Lace Overlay Midi Dress is for your special evening rendezvous. 🙂
What makes the Navy Blue Striped Midi Dress With Two Pockets perfect for the office:
- It is conservative, but chic and feminine all at the same time. Why do I say conservative? The dress’ length is below the knee, it has an A-line silhouette, and a high neckline.
- Despite the above attributes the dress feels powerful perhaps due to the pin stripes similar to those you would see on a suit.
- The dress commands respect and shows strength, yet femininity shines trough as well as the cut makes you want to twirl and the tailored top hugs your curves.
- All the little details make this dress even more special – it has pockets and shoulder epaulettes, as well as the color trim and front detail add extra chic to the character of the dress.
What makes the Apricot V-neck Lace Overlay Midi Dress perfect for an evening event:
- This dress makes you look and feel like a tall glass of champagne. What brings that feeling about? The base apricot color in combination with dazzling sequins and embroidery brings on a sparkle just like bubbles do for champagne.
- It is classy, yet sexy. The knee-length does not reveal too much of your legs, however the cinched waist design and v-neck color extenuate your feminine figure.
- This midi is the opposite of what is expected–not your typical LBD, but rather a bedazzled light color that will catch everyone’s eye with quiet confidence.
- This lace overlay beauty would also be perfect for a wedding.
Have you looked into METISU‘s dresses lately? They are my absolute favorite brand when it comes to dresses.
Have a successful week, lovelies!
Do you ever dream in black and white? Do you like black and white photography? Do you like combining these two colors to create a sharp look that feels very stylish in a P￼\narisian way? If this answer to the last question is “YES” then this dress will steal your heart.
The White Strappy Neck Sleeve A Line Fitted Women’s Dress by us.vip.com is classy, chic, feminine, with just enough details to be visually appealing without any taste of garish. The tie bow neckline can be tightened into a bow or let loose like I did for the photo shoot of this piece. The black trim detailing on the baby ruffles soften the top piece of the dress and make the black and white flow with one another rather than clash in the contrast that they naturally create. Although this dress is on the shorter side it still feels very work appropriate and also transitions into a dinner/cocktail attire with ease. Please note that this dress runs small in accordance to the US sizing convention. I generally wear US size 2 or 4, but ordered this dress in size Large to make sure it fits comfortably, and I am glad I did. 🙂 I decided to pair my Parisian beauty with a pair of two-toned pumps in black and white of course. This dress would also look very stylish with plain black, summer white or even red heels and bag.
Unfortunately this dress is currently out of stock, however us.vip.com have such a wide range of beautiful garments and other dresses that I am sure you would find something that suits your style on their website. Also, you can use coupon code Marieta1142 for $5 OFF on orders over $50! 🙂
Would love to hear your thoughts on this dress or what you thought of the us.vip.com we site.
Summer makes me so happy, I really don’t want it to ever end. I know, I know… I live in LA and there is nothing too severe about the other three seasons here. I am just one of those people that loves going to the beach, loves warm and light evenings, eats watermelon and peaches till her tummy feels like exploding, and is willing to deal with the insane mid-day heat in order to reap the rest of the benefits of summer. And “YES!” dresses are one of those benefits.
Today’s look is inspired by comfort–a level of easy wear that is pretty at the same time–a win-win in my books. The main act is the Blue Off Neckline Long Sleeve 3/4 Length A Line Women’s Dress by us.vip.com. It is so chic, girly and pleasant to wear! I also adore all the details this dress wows us with:
- Off the shoulder with a twist–not in your most traditional and expected way, the OTS detail here looks like a shirt collar and adds so much visual interest to this piece. There also are straps which help hold the dress up and camouflage your bra straps, however if you don’t like the strap look you can hide those just as successfully.
- Top button front–a major trend this summer, which also draws your eye to the dress without screaming loudly at all.
- Pockets–ahhh, any dress with pockets makes me smile. I also love the pocket flap and button detail present here–somehow it adds an unexpected semi-formal twist to this chic dress.
- Draw string waist line–makes it easy to define the thinnest part of your body and looks good even after a Sunday brunch! 😉
- A-line silhouette and soft material–the combination of those two produces a swing dress that makes me want to twirl and twirl like a little girl in the middle of a candy store. The fabric is so soft–real pleasure to wear.
If you have not visited us.vip.com you should do so–they have so many beautiful items and amazing prices right now. You can purchase a genuine leather handbag for under $20!!! ALSO, use coupon code Marieta1142 for $5 OFF on orders over $50.
Dress | Flats | Hat | Bag | Sunglasses
Happy August, lovelies!
How has your summer been? Enjoying the sun, warm temperatures, vacation time and travel? I certainly hope so!
I don’t always wear red during summer, however I fell in love with the romantic nature of this Ruffle Strap & Hem Button Up Dress
and decided to give red a chance this season. Doesn’t it combine beautifully with my straw bag
to create a fun, beach- or farmer’s-market-inspired look? This dress
is very detail-rich and yet feels simple and elegant. The ruffle straps and hem bring femininity and charm, the button front brings it right on trend, the delicate print allows for numerous combinations with white, black or red accessories, the draw string at the waist hugs your figure at the narrowest portion of your body, the midi-length gives it a sophisticated flair–all those come together to create a pretty and classy piece
one can wear to brunch, the beach and even to work. I also like the overall vintage charm this dress
posses–it makes me feel like a lady! 🙂
What are some of the colors you have opened up to wearing this summer? Leave me a comment to let me know.
How is your summer going thus far? I have been away from the blog a bit as I took a trip to Austria last week. Vienna is such a great city and it sure reminded me of all the gorgeousness, history and beautiful architecture a European city possesses. The weather was warm and pleasant, which made me think of all the pretty and trendy dresses this summer’s fashion is gifting us with.
If you were a kid or a teen in the 90’s, you’ll remember that button front skirts and dresses were big then. Guess what!? They are back for some more action and admiration, and I am digging the trend for the second time in my life. Shein totally nailed it with this button front cami dress. It comes in three different colors, is made out of linen (perfect fabric for summer), the shift cami cut feels breezy and light, and the tea length allows you to pair this gorgeous dress with either flats, sneakers (for a casual day look), kitten heels or pumps (for afternoon/evening sophistication). The details are very charming as well–who doesn’t love pockets on their dress, I also like the high waist and heavily pleated skirt attached to it (allows for a delicious brunch on a Sunday ;)).
Have you checked Shein’s summer dress collection yet? So many cute pieces.
Happy rest of the week friends!
I have missed you all. Please, excuse my absence, life has been pretty fast-pace lately. Exciting new changes that I would perhaps share next time as this post is all about WHITE!
As summer is surely approaching we are all pulling out our favorite white articles of clothing, be it jeans, tops, skirts, shots, dresses–it is the season to be in white! If you love what you have, but are looking to expand your while repertoire then I have the dress for you. Just could not pass up this beautiful, cotton, fit and flare beauty from SHEIN. It is feminine and flirty, soft and airy, with an eye-catching cut out fabric, accentuating the waist and pretty stand collar. I am wearing a size small and am happy with the fit.
This dress pairs beautifully with any color accessories–blue (for a Santorini feel), blush, cream, red, even black (for a Parisian look), but there is something about white on white that spells “vacation, beach, warm nights, fresh breeze” and embodies all things SUMMER. Given that I crave that feeling, I paired the Ruffle Cuff Guipure Lace Overlay Dress, with white pumps and a white clutch.
Have you purchased any summer items lately? Check out SHEIN’s white dress collection and make your pick!
Till next time lovelies. Love always,
Between work being extremely busy and taking a vacation after our project was due, I have been a bit MIA from both blogging and being active on Instagram, so without further ado here is my new favorite fashion obsession: the perfect velvet bodysuit!
This piece is so sophisticated, yet fun, has tons of details, yet looks clean-lined and classy! So, what are some of the features of the Beaded Shoulder Surplice Velvet Bodysuit that I adore?
- The shoulder details – the beaded necklaces-like detail adds so much visual interest to the upper half of the suit. It is set on a black tulle patch which to me screamed inspiration for pairing the suit with a black pencil skirt, a tulle a line one or a pair of simple black cigarette pants. The metallic color of the beads is not an exact silver or bronze, which allows for the selection of any jewel without clash with the shoulder detail.
- The deep V – this neckline brings the eye down to balance out the shoulder detail and draw attention to the rest of your outfit.
- The color – the deep burgundy color is so rich and adds to the refined character of the bodysuit. This piece is also available in black and goldish khaki (which is absolutely gorgeous and on my wish-list)!
- The soft material – this velvet piece is so soft and cozy against the skin, I can sleep in it!
- The comfy fit (SIZE UP!) – OK, so I initially ordered a size Small, since it is my typical in tops, but could barely put my arms trough the sleeves and could not button the suit for the life of me…. Soooo, the next time I ordered I went with LARGE and I love how it fits–it is no pulling anywhere and it is not wide either–just the perfect size for me! I would highly recommend jumping up at least one size, especially if your torso is on the longer side.
Drop me a line and let me know if you love wearing bodysuits for spring. I now have a few of those and cannot wait to show them off this season! Enjoy the rest of your week, lovelies!
Happy Easter! How was your celebratory weekend? We had a great time doing a couple of egg hunts and gathering with friends. I missed writing a post last Monday as I have been incredible busy at work–pulling 60 to 80-hour weeks at the office for the past month–crazy marathon to the finish line.
Since I have been in hard-core working mode, I thought I’d introduce you a couple of new dresses perfect to wear to the office!
First up is this form fitting red beauty with pearl details on the sleeves from ROMWE. She has a simple silhouette letting the color of the dress speak for itself. The midi length is perfect for the office and so are the three-quarter sleeves – both of which tend to elongate the body and create an elegant and classy look. To add a spring feeling to this look, I added a pair of white pumps and a cream bag. This dress would of course carry black or beige accessories beautifully, so you have many options to entertain.
My second choice of Spring beauties for the office is this classy ruffle-trim sheath black dress. Just like the red dress, it has a simple shape which allows the details to shine–in this case the ruffles around the sleeve and neck area as well as the V-neckline. I decided to add a belt to accentuate the waist and bring the eye to the upper half of the dress. Red shoes and a beige clutch. Unfortunately, this dress is out of stock at the moment, but I have linked a few similar options here, here and here.
What are some of your new finds for spring? Anything for the office? Check out ROMWE‘s new selection for some fresh options.
Happy spring, lovelies!
The sun is beginning to shine a bit brighter, flowers are blooming, and birdies are singing–spring is here and making me dream of new and exciting items one should have this season in preparation for summer and to wear on a warm spring day. Why checking out SHEIN’s website I fell in love with a few items, I have broken down into categories below:
Swimwear – I am particularly in love with one-pieces right now and the below has this retro chick flavor! Take a peak:
Exhibit 1 – Striped Push Up Swimsuit
Exhibit 2 – SHEIN Knot Shoulder Double Plunging Neck Floral Swimsuit
Exhibit 3 – Crochet Trim Plunge Swimsuit
Dresses – I love dresses any season, but spring and summer are made for those!
Exhibit 1 – Striped Ribbed Knit Sleeveless Sweater Dress BLUE MULTI
Exhibit 2 – SHEIN Contrast Collar Lace Bodice Pleated Dress
Exhibit 3 – SHEIN Pearl Embellished Flounce Sleeve Dress
Jumpsuits – an all time favorite in my wardrobe – perfect for so many occasions!
Exhibit 1 – Tropical Print Cold Shoulder Tie Back Wide Leg Jumpsuit
Exhibit 2 – Lattice Back Wide Leg Jumpsuit with Ruffle Trim
Ehibit 3 – Button Detail Self Tie Jumpsuit
Which items are you favorites? Let me know in the comments!
How was your weekend? Did you greet St. Patrick in green? I feel like I am excused from this tradition as I happen to have entered the world on the same day, so birthday attire is allowed even if not in green! Hehe!
So this year, I had a full day of celebrations with different set of friends and family at different locations and with different flavors–brunch with girlfriends in mid-town, a bit of shopping and semi-fancy Italian restaurant dinner with my family in Beverly Hill, closing down the evening with cocktails in Silverlake… I knew I was going to be running around town and wanted to be comfy and chic, so what did I reach out to?! Unexpectedly, the first pair of ripped mom jeans I have ever owned! Somehow to me high-waited jeans scream: “Pair me up with a bodysuit and you will have perfection!” So I listened and picket to partner my comfy pair of jeans with a black velvet bodysuit with rivet embellishment. It added a stylish twist to the look with its sophisticated velvet fabric, slash collar line, and small cutouts at the waist.
To finish the look off I added my favorite black belt, red pumps, embroidered leather moto jacket and a baker boy hat. The look make be feel comfortable and confident–what else can a birthday girl ask for? At least when it comes to her outfit? 😉
Tips: If you are pondering upon grabbing a pair of these jeans, you should consider sizing up. However, if your legs are on the stick-thin side you will be “A OK” going with your regular size as you don’t want the waist to be too loose. Same goes with the bodysuit–I recommend sizing up. I generally wear a small in tops. I ordered the medium from this bodysuit and I should have totally gone for the large.
Jeans (sponsored, use code “LauraZF” for 10% off your Zaful order) | Bodysuit (sponsored, use code “LauraZF” for 10% off your Zaful order) | Jacket | Pumps | Baker Boy Hat | Bag | Belt | Sunglasses | Watch
Have an amazing week, lovelies!