Hello lovelies and happy new week!
Have you though about replacing your beach cover up with an actual dress? I tend to do that almost 90% of the time as I like having an outfit that can carry me trough the day, from a morning/afternoon playing in the sand and the waves to an early dinner or drinks at my favorite food and cocktail spot.
Meet my latest partner in beach-going to restaurant-hopping crime – the SHEIN Lace Trim Eyelet Embroidered Dress. She is cute, fun and easy-going, breads in sunshine and exhales vacation vibes! She is made with 100% cotton material and her light and breezy fit and flare silhouette is sure to keep you cool while looking hot! 😉 The body of this beautiful A-line dress is made by an eyelet fabric, trimmed by gorgeous lace around the hem, sleeves and the V-neckline. This combo creates a floral-like, soft, monochrome effect which is eye-catching and ropes you in with gentleness and femininity. This dress comes in two colors–the blush I am wearing and a white–which is equally as pleasing and visually appealing.
Dress | Bag | Sandals | Sunglasses | Watch | Necklace | Lip Gloss
Would you wear the Lace Trim Eyelet Embroidered Dress to the beach? Would love to hear what you think.
Hope your weekend was full of pleasant surprises and happy times with family and friends! We had a fun birthday party to go to and made it to the beach just in time as the temperatures here are upward of 90 degrees and the ocean breeze always makes things better. I did get a little sun-burnt, but I should know better than to ignore the sunscreen when it is calling my name, hehe.
What made out trip to the beach even more fun were my funky All For Color Birds of Paradise Camille Convertible Maxi and our stylish Anchor Duffel Bag from Sloane Ranger.
This strapless convertible maxi is so eye-catching. I love the unique print, combining vibrant colors and a pretty leafs and birds design to create one attention-grabbing fabric masterpiece. It is made from the most comfy, untra soft, cotton jersey material which makes it a pleasure to wear. Since we went to the beach I used this dress as my cover-up, but it is also perfect as a skirt as the top part folds over, giving you the flexibility to combine it with your favorite summer tee! For more All For Color maxis, click here! For 20% OFF your purchase and free shipping on orders over $50 use code: OOTDINSTYLE.
And this gorgeous canvas Anchor Duffler! Is there a better bag to go to the beach with?!? It’s dimensions allowed me to fill it up with everything we may need for a day under the sun – beach towels, an extra set of clothes, water, diapers and baby essentials (it even doubled as a diaper bag!), sunscreen, and some snacks. The webbed shoulder strap makes it easy to carry hands-free for those moments when you need to grab a little hand to lead. The strap is detachable and adjustable to fit your desires. This bag is also fully lined and sports a vegan-friendly leather trim! Check the range of dufflers by Sloan Ranger here. If you like the anchor print, but want a different shape, check these out!
Dress: All For Color
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Duffel Bag: Sloane Ranger
Crochet Straw Tote: Nordstrom
Toddler Chambray Dress: Gap Baby
Toddler Sandals: H&M Kids
Toddler Sunglasses: Carters
Please, drop me a line and let me know what your favorite beach accessories are and whether you found your match at All For Color or Sloane Ranger! Happy summer!
Hello, lovely people!
Happy February! I recently went on vacation to the US Virgin Island of St. Croix, and boy, is it a beautiful piece of land surrounded by the most vibrant, countless-shades-of-blue water! Some of the architecture is stunning and where a building has turned into an abandoned ruin the flora has taken over and turned it into a charming, out-of-Tom-Sayer site! I could imagine countless photo-shoots there–a photographer’s Paradise!
As beautiful as St. Croix is, it is also not a very posh place. People are very welcoming, but unfortunately seem to live on a penny, the infrastructure is sort of maintained, and the island does not house many fancy restaurants or stores, BUT that is just part of its endless charm! It is a relaxing, let-your-hair-down, makeup-free, non-pretentious, casual kind of island.
So, what are some of the essentials you would need to have an enjoyable vacation:
- A few pairs of bikini (love the VS options here)–the island offers many wonderful beaches (my favorites are Sugar Cane Beach, Rainbow Beach and Sandy Point Beach) and you would love to be in or by the water as much as possible.
- A snorkel set (I have a Speedo set that worked very well)–don’t miss the beauty that lives in the water. It is such a calm and astonishing underwater world that you can enjoy by simply investing $35 in some fins, a mask and a snorkel. It takes “playing in the water” to a whole new level.
- Sunglasses (got my Kenneth Cole pair, similar here)–it is nice and sunny all the time, and if you are like me and have love for the sun, but can’t look it in the eye for too long, sunglasses would be much needed and appreciated.
- Flip-flops (wore this AEO pair everywhere) and flats (I wore my Lucky Brand Ellie pair)–I could have done this entire vacation in my flip-flops, but there was something nice about being able to slip into flats for dinner and the evening weather would allow it! Don’t bother with heels–you will look totally out of place, fell uncomfortable and perhaps a bit tired after a day in the water and under the sun.
- Your favorite casual dresses and cover-ups–I brought 5 or 6 dresses, a pair of shorts and a skirt, but the dresses worked so well I didn’t need anything else. You can throw those over your swimsuit with your flip-flops or pair them up with your flats for dinner, a visit to the botanical garden, a tour of the rum distilleries, and voila–you are island ready!
- A light jacket (love this Lucky Brand option) or cardi–I always feel cold and St. Croix gets a nice breeze that runs trough the island most of the time–day or night, so I appreciated having a thin denim blazer for a dinner or cocktails out in the evening.
What is nice to have, but not essential:
- If you are planning on some hiking adventures you may want to bring a pair of running shoes. I hiked in flip-flops, but wished for my sneakers would magically appear on my feet. 😉
- Board shorts would also be good for a hike, a paddle board afternoon, jet-skiing or a night out in a see-through kayak to check out the bio-luminescence at Salt River Bay.
- A small cross-body bag to house your credit card, some cash, and small essentials.
- A backpack for the beach or a hike.
- A hat–another way to protect yourself from the sun, however it is a bit windy, which means you may end up chasing your fedora or panama down the beach.
What to leave at home:
- Fancy jewels;
- Designer bags;
- Cocktail dresses;
- Full makeup set.
St. Croix is a low-key, casual-essentials kind of island, so leave your fancy fashion behind for this vacay, grab your sunscreen, bathing suit, snorkel, an adventure spirit and enjoy the raw fun this island has to offer!
Happy vacationing, ladies and gents!!