How was your 4th of July weekend? Tons of fun I hope! We did a couple of trips and I have to admit–it was fantastic having four days to spend with my favorite people! 🙂
Now, let’s get back to business–that of baking rules of wedding etiquette (hehe!) as I sure am introducing you to some unconventionally beautiful guest attire AND this time it is one for an evening celebration. Irrespective of when or where a wedding was to be held white or black used to be on the “NO! NO!” list when it came to female guest attire. White was strictly for the bride and black–well, black was to be left for the not-so-joyous occasions… However, nowadays black is completely acceptable–it is such a versatile color as it pairs up perfectly with any accessories and tends to be flattering on almost everyone.
I find this fit and flare METISU dress (as well as this one – available in all sizes! Mine is only available in XL at the moment.) to be the perfect piece for an evening wedding – it is very glamorous, yet proper, with a hint of fun and a pop of color. It comes with this pretty red and gold belt, which ties in perfectly with the gold front buttons of the dress and inspired my accessory selection–a pair of red suede BCBG peep toes (currently not available, but the linked pair is a perfect match for the dress), a red Michael Kors round-top wallet, and dainty gold jewelry.
A few of the dress details I love:
- The length of this dress – the lace hits me right below the knee, but if you are a bit shorter it would be tea-length, mid-calf, which is very classy as well.
- The swing silhouette – makes me want to twirl and dance the night away.
- The hollow out lace design – it is so strategically placed to show off the beauty of the lace fabric, while keeping the dress tasteful!
- The half sleeves – perfect for the evening and the lace detail on those show gorgeously and tie in with the bottom of the dress.
- The button down front – you can button up the dress and display its beautiful top pearl button and stand collar, or you can button it down and pair it up with some pretty gold jewelry!
If you have a special event to go to, check out the wide selection of METISU dresses – you are sure to find one that suits your style and occasion! METISU also has a fantastic customer appreciation SALE going on right now–50% OFF, so hurry in! Let me know when you find your perfect match – I’d love to see what you have picked!