This week, I have partnered with ZAFUL to bring you two perfect looks involving none other than the printed wrap dress itself! Wrap dresses peaked in popularity in the mid to late 70’s, and then in the late 90’s.. but have remained a strong female closet staple into the 2010’s.
Look 1: Have to wear a wrap dress to work
ZAFUL has such a cute arsenal of dresses, but for this look I pickled a beautiful Green Slit Beach Printed Wrap Dress. It hits right at the knee, has a sleeve and an asymmetrical front to back line giving it an extra oomph and making it very work-appropriate. Although it is very subtle, the black trim detail on the sleeve gave me the inspiration for accessorizing this look–black pumps, black suede cross-body bag, and black frame, oversized sunglasses. The little cream leaf print could also serve as an accessory color, giving you more options to play with.
The dress is very comfy as it is made from a cotton-polyester blend that would keep you comfy all day long. I am wearing a size Small and it is true to size. To transition this dress into fall and keep it office smart, add a structured blazer and voila!
Look 2: How to turn your wrap dress into a boho piece
For my boho inspired look I selected the Checked Ruffles Wrap Casual Dress. The cut of this piece appealed to me right away–these is something about a dress that is longer and well-fitted enough to make you feel sexy while not being over-exposed… And this dress does exactly that!
The gingham pattern gives it an every-day vibe and the sleeve trim detailing adds extra flavor. To achieve a boho feel I added a panama hat, a pair of black pumps, and a coral handbag for a bit of color. This dress is also made from a poly-cotton blend making it soft and gentle to your skin. On cooler days, I can see myself wearing this dress with a black leather moto jacket and a pair of booties. Side note: I generally wear a size Small, but ordered a Medium after reading the reviews, and I too would suggest going up a size for your order.
If you like ZAFUL or have never shopper there before, check them out and use surprise code: ZFEN for a discount off your order! 🙂
Are you a fan of wrap dresses? How do you wear yours?
Can you believe it is already September? This year is flying by so fast and before we know it Fall will be here! Despite the recent California heat wave, I have started prepping my wardrobe for the change of seasons and have lined up items to introduce you to.
For this week’s transitional look, I have partnered with VIP.com to present to you this sweet, A-line, yellow floral dress. Doesn’t it ooze feminine charm?! It captured my attention with it’s gentle floral pattern combining pinks, whites and greens on a lovely mustard-hued background, which allows the pattern to speak in their soft tones. The cut of the dress along with the ruffled, bow-tie sleeves only add to the ladylike character of this dress.
So what is it that makes this dress so suitable for the next few month:
- The mustard yellow color reminds me of the leaves changing color;
- The dress is lined and perfect for cooler days;
- It hits below the knee, which would make it suitable for early Fall days;
- This floral beauty would partner well with a denim or leather jacket.
I decided to pair my new VIP.com find with lace up sandals, round glasses, black panama hat and black leather bag to give it some boho flavor as I was going to brunch in an edgy neighborhood where most people wear interesting statement pieces! I see this dress as a versatile piece as I would switch out the lace-up sandals with black kitten heels and wear it to the office.
To receive $5 OFF your orders over $50, please use code code “Marieta756” at https://us.vip.com/.
Sandals: Lucky Brand
Bag: Lucky Brand (similar here)
Hat: Lucky Brand (similar here)
Hello, beautiful people!
So what are two of my favorite things? Mid-week and mid-August? Hehe! Almost, although this time I will be talking about LACE and EMBROIDERY details. This week’s outfit has both and is a casual look I know I will be sporting from now till there are warm Fall days to enjoy.
Let’s dice this look into its comprising pieces:
- Jenny Surplice Blouse – this is one of my newest summer-to-fall additions. This blouse is so boho chic and “had me at its sleeves!” The lace detailing and the bell shape spoke to me from the moment I say this blouse on Stay Warm in Style’s page. I find the light mauve color so feminine and trendy, at the same time, as it has a “washed off” flair. The third favorite feature is the V-neckline with cross string detailing–adds to the “happening now” vibe of the blouse.
- Sienna Slim Boyfriend Jean – what is there not to love about these jeans? They are ripped, embroidered, comfy, have an aged, broken-in feel and pair up perfectly with the Jenny Blouse. Not only do they both ooze a boho vibe as one of the embroidered flower’s color is the perfect match with the top’s color.
- Floppy Hat – these are such a great accessory for Fall. A hat can add so much edge to an outfit and I feel like this one competes the look. It features a braided leather band with beaded tassel trim and a five-inch brim.
- A pair of sandstone heels and bag to match, and VOILA! The look is complete and ready for cooler summer evenings, fall days, or even some warm LA winter ones!
Top – Stay Warm in Style
Jeans – Lucky Brand
Hat – Lucky Brand
Heels – old Banana Republic (similar Sam Edelman pair here)
Bag – old BEBE (similar Rebecca Minkoff option here)
Sunglasses – Calvin Klein
Earrings – Lucky Brand
What has been you favorite casual look lately?