Today I am introducing you to my new fall favorites from METISU – a dress for daytime and one for nighttime. Surprisingly their colors are flipped – the Navy Blue Striped Midi Dress With Two Pockets is my choice for your 9 to 5 and the Apricot V-neck Lace Overlay Midi Dress is for your special evening rendezvous. 🙂
What makes the Navy Blue Striped Midi Dress With Two Pockets perfect for the office:
- It is conservative, but chic and feminine all at the same time. Why do I say conservative? The dress’ length is below the knee, it has an A-line silhouette, and a high neckline.
- Despite the above attributes the dress feels powerful perhaps due to the pin stripes similar to those you would see on a suit.
- The dress commands respect and shows strength, yet femininity shines trough as well as the cut makes you want to twirl and the tailored top hugs your curves.
- All the little details make this dress even more special – it has pockets and shoulder epaulettes, as well as the color trim and front detail add extra chic to the character of the dress.
What makes the Apricot V-neck Lace Overlay Midi Dress perfect for an evening event:
- This dress makes you look and feel like a tall glass of champagne. What brings that feeling about? The base apricot color in combination with dazzling sequins and embroidery brings on a sparkle just like bubbles do for champagne.
- It is classy, yet sexy. The knee-length does not reveal too much of your legs, however the cinched waist design and v-neck color extenuate your feminine figure.
- This midi is the opposite of what is expected–not your typical LBD, but rather a bedazzled light color that will catch everyone’s eye with quiet confidence.
- This lace overlay beauty would also be perfect for a wedding.
Have you looked into METISU‘s dresses lately? They are my absolute favorite brand when it comes to dresses.
Have a successful week, lovelies!
It is no secret that my favorite dresses lately has been METISU–they fit my style to the t! My attention is always captivated by the classy silhouettes, great designs, quality materials, and most of all I enjoy the confidence I feel when wearing a METISU piece. So when they reached out to me to create a video look book with Fall fashion I was quite excited and a bit scared as I had never starred in or edited a video before. However, I decided to take the bull by the horns and learn something new. So here it is!!! Enjoy:
BTW, my YouTube channel is now live here –please check it out and let me know what you think or subscribe if you like what you see (THANK YOU!!)! 🙂
Look 1: Two-Piece “Dress” | Heels | Clutch | Glasses
Look2: Dress | Heels | Bag | Glasses
Drop me a line and let me know which one is your favorite. I have promised myself to try and keep my Fall wardrobe away from dark neutral colors only. What pieces are you looking forward to wearing this Fall? In what colors?
Do I hear wedding bells? Yes, with summer comes wedding season and beautiful white dresses that we all want to wear all day, every day… But is it against the rules to be a wedding guest and wear a white dress? After all white and ivory are reserved for the bride and it is her day to shine. If you know the bride is more traditional I would recommend that you opt out of white and choose a pretty dress in a different color – blush is beautiful and still going strong this season, yellow is always cheerful and another great color for a summer day wedding, and mint green is soft and sophisticated – just to list a few.
However, if you know your bride is not one to care for the rules and has chosen a more contemporary approach to her wedding, then perhaps you can step into your white dress and enjoy her special day! Here are a few rules to help you make the right choice:
- Would the bride be in white or ivory?
- Do you know the bride well enough to ask her what she thinks of you white dress?
- Does your white dress look like something you would wear to your wedding shower?
- Is your dress made from lace, tulle, or any other fabric that resembles a wedding gown?
- Is your dress floor-length?
If you answer to questions 1, 3, 4, and 5 was “YES”, then think twice. If your answer to 2 was “YES”, then take a photo of your dress and share it with the bride.
Should you have decided to be wear white, the White Hollow Out Flounce Hem Midi Dress by Metisu is pure PERFECTION!! Why do I think so:
- The crew neckline keeps it classy as you are not showing any cleavage.
- The see-trough elements add just enough visual interest without being inappropriate at all.
- The midi length is stylish yet classy.
- The flounce hem is very feminine and romantic.
- The line of the dress is so elegant and sophisticated.
- This dress does not need jewelry – it speaks for itself. All you can add are some pearl earrings and a ring.
- The lace is not floral in pattern and hence does not resemble a bridal dress lace fabric.
- It pairs up perfectly with any bag – depending on the occasion! I chose this Sam Edelman navy and grey clutch with a silver chain as the rest of my jewels were silver.
- It is easy to put together with any heels! I chose a pair of BCBG peep toes in a navy, green, grey and white print, one I believe a bride would not wear with her wedding dress (in an effort not to look bridal.) This pair also matched up the clutch rounding off my accessories nicely.
Shoes: BCBG (another perfect pair here)
Clutch: Sam Edelman
Round Sunglasses: Polaroid
Watch: Raymond Weil
Earrings and Ring: Sundance
Have you even worn white to a wedding? What are you favorite wedding looks? What do you think of this dress? Drop me a line to let me know and have a wonderful week!