Happy, happy summer to you! 🌞 Summer is my favorite season–it brings this vacation vibe that stays around for a few months. The weather is warm and the beach is calling your name. It is time to wear fun dresses and enjoy warm nights talking to friends, sipping on drinks garnished with umbrellas, laughing the night away.
Last week I introduced you to my favorite button front summer dress, this week it is time to show you a shorter option with some ruffle flair, the SHEIN Keyhole Back Ruffle Hem Shirred Panel Dress. This little number makes me want to dance. The body of the dress is made out of a stretchy, band-like material that hugs your curves and adds romanticism with ruffles by the sleeves and at the bottom of the dress. The red and white pattern add to the fun character of the dress and so does the tear drop open back detail. The dress is made out of cotton–one of my favorite natural fabrics for the summer. I ordered a size medium and the fit is pretty great aside from the length, but I am also 5’9”, so it would be a lot longer on someone who is not quite as tall.
I keep on looking at SHEIN’s website and discovering cute new summer dresses. Have you checked those out lately?
What is your latest summer find? Let me know in the comments section.
I know it is only February, but I am itching for spring. The temperatures in LA have been on the high for the season and I just cannot help but think “SPRING”!!!
A piece that I had never thought about as being a great one to include in my transitional winter-to-spring wardrobe is a MAXI dress–although it makes perfect sense–it is long enough to cover your legs and combines perfectly with jackets, sweaters, shirts, you name it… Soooo, I recently partnered with Gozon.com – a women’s contemporary boutique, headquartered right here in Los Angeles, and discovered the simple and elegant Solid Maxi Dress.
What is it that I love about this maxi and how can I wear it now and well into sprint and even summer?
- OK, I have to start with how comfy this dress is. It is made of the softest rayon material, which gives you the feeling of your favorite jammies, but falls beautifully to create an elongated silhouette. Which brings me to the next reason I enjoy the dress…
- The Empire waist cut of the Solid Maxi Dress is very flattering on any body type and perfect for all those brunch dates when we want to sit down, have a mimosa while munching on some chilaquiles, and would not miss dessert for the life of us! This piece will carry you trough brunch and the aftermath of it gracefully.
- Have I mentioned the pockets!? Yes, those are seamless, but an option for your hands on a cooler day or just “’cause you feel like it!” 😉
- I am 5’9′ and finding a maxi that is the right length is a challenge. Tall ladies, fear not–the Solid Maxi Dress excels at this and actually is a bit long even on me–so excited about that–I can ever wear it with heels! 😀
- The Solid Maxi Dress comes in four colors–all perfect for spring. I went with black as it reminded me of a favorite maxi I had in high school many, many years ago.
- Care about “made in the U.S.”? Well this dress is! And so are most of Gozon.com products.
- The dress is so versatile! It combines beautifully with a my favorite Daily Baseball Sweater Top for a casual look, rocks with my embroidered jacket for an edgy feel, and would suit up beautifully with a blazer for a more polished look.
Side note: the Daily Baseball Sweater Top is just as cozy as the dress–you would not want to take it off till you have to. The stripped sleeves add visual interest to this comfy and stylish sweater making it the perfect bring-along top for a cooler spring morning or evening. The multi-color stripes in a combination with the neutral-colored body also give your endless pairing possibilities. I have some yellow pants I cannot wait to wear this sweater with! ❤
Dress (sponsored, use code “MARIETA15” for 15% off) | Sweater Top (sponsored, use code “MARIETA15” for 15% off) | Jacket (sponsored, used code “LauraZF” for 10% off) | Flats | Booties | Sunglasses |Hat
Tip 1: If you’ve enjoyed any of there items or the feel of this style, then check out Gozon’s Clothing and use coupon code “MARIETA15” to receive 15% off your purchase!
Tip 2: Sign up for Gozon boutique’s e-mail newsletter to be the first to receive deals, exclusive coupon codes, and new arrival previews of the latest in women’s trendy clothing.
Stay tuned as I am going to bring you more of my new spring favorites this week. What are some of the new transitional pieces in your winter-to-spring wardrobe?
We still have till September 22nd to enjoy summer and I found the perfect dress to celebrate these last few days of my favorite season in. And “YES!” those who have followed me a while probably guessed right–it is WHITE and EYELET, cause you know I have a crush on anything white or creme, that is lace, crochet or eyelet!
This Snow White by Metisu can do it all. She can be your sporty girl partner when paired with a pair of sneakers, a leather duffel bag, and some aviatiors, or your classy evening attire when worn with heels and a clutch.
Why did I set on this dress as my final summer wardrobe addition for this season?
- It is made of cotton, so it provides a natural and comfortable feel and a look that could be either casual or dressy.
- Midi dresses can be worn on so many occasions.
- The eyelet pattern is unique.
- The solid patches around and on the side of your waist are very strategically placed to give your figure a nice shape.
I added a bit of sparkle to the look with there gorgeous Henley drop stud earrings by Blush & Bar.
MERISU is hands down my favorite shop for dresses. Have you checked them out yet?
Sneakers: Levis (similar here)
Heels: Calvin Klein (similar here)
Blue Bag: Italian find (similar here)
Cream Clutch: Banana Republic (similar here)
Black Sunglasses: METISU
Avaiator Sunglasses: Guess (similar here)
Earrings: Blush & Bar
Hope your week has been going well. And “YES” I am posting for the second time this week! The solar eclipse must have gotten me, hehe!
Not sure if you can tell by the photos, but this girl is pretty tall–5.9′, some days 5.10′ (no heel height added), so when it comes to finding a maxi I never know if it would be long enough or sort of that awkward, show-your-ankle length that drives me insane… Well, tall girls, I have found the answer: the Burgundy Print Draped Maxi Dress by the trendy online boutique, PinkBlush!
Main reasons for loving this dress:
- It is long enough for tall girls – size Small, which is what I am wearing, measures 58 inches from high point of shoulder to hem–wahoooo!
- It is very flattering on your figure as the dress is draped, so it is perfect for brunch when you want all that yummy food. 🙂 The sash can be ties tight for waist definition or kept looser for a more comfortable feel.
- The material feels very gentle against your skin.
- The colors and pattern – both are perfect for Fall, so this dress would be making it to the office with me this coming season!
- Bonus for NEW MAMAS: The V-neckline and crossover design makes this dress perfect for nursing.
Have you recently found something you were looking for that fits your figure the way your desire?
Flats: Lucky Brand
Sunglases: Calvin Klein
Bag: Lucky Brand (similar here)
Earrings: Lucky Brand
Happy almost-weekend, lovelies!
Can you believe we are approaching mid-August?!? I really don’t want summer to end… I know I live in sunny LA and should not be complaining about winter, however my love for summer goes back ever since I can remember myself!
I am actively avoiding looking at Fall collections and shopping for the season ahead just yet, so today I am sporting the funnest floral midi, by Stay Warm in Style, enjoying the rays of sunshine, flowers in bloom, birds’ songs, straw hats and sandals!
Those of you who have followed me for a while know that I love me a good sheath dress, however this fit and flair midi grabbed me with it’s vibrant floral print and mint base–it just oozes femininity and comfort all at the same time. I adore the length and “YES!” it has pockets!! And which girl does not like a dress with pockets?!? Once I had the dress in my hands I could also appreciate its material – it is so soft and gentle on your skin, which adds to the overall comfort I feel when wearing it. Today, I paired my new midi with lace up block heel sandals, a burgundy bag, a summer straw panama hat and round glasses to achieve a casual look, however this piece is so versatile and would look beautiful with a pair of red heels and a simple beige bag as it really does not need much accessorizing–it speaks for itself beautifully!
If you have never heard of Stay Warm in Style you should check out their site! It brings wonderful boho-inspired fashion to the world of boutique shopping. See what is new here and let me know what your favorite piece is!
Dress: Emma Midi Stay Warm in Style
Sandals: Lucky Brand
Bag: Lucky Brand
Panama Hat: Lucky Brand
Enjoy the week of summer till next time, lovelies!
Happy mid-week! Doesn’t is feel joyous to know you are getting over the hump and half-way trough to the weekend?! On that note let me share a few fun facts about a fabric I love–SILK!
Did you know that silk is obtained from the cocoons of the larvae of the mulberry silkworm? It is a natural protein fiber that can be woven into fabric. Silk textile was first developed in ancient China and has been considered a luxurious material since 3630 BC, but is currently widely used in the medical field as well (magical properties, I tell ya!). It is very comfortable to wear in warm weather and while active, because it is very absorbent. It is also great for cold weather, as its low conductivity keeps warm air close to the skin. OK, so why am I going on and on about silk?!? Well, because I am in love with my new silk midi dress from METISU.
Why is this dress my new favorite?
- Silk is perfect for the summer heat and it does indeed give the dress a luxurious look, while my skin enjoys its softness;
- If you have read my prior article you know I love dresses that can go from a day in the office to a night out and this one fits the bill as it has midi length, half-sleeve, scoop neckline that all feels conservatively-elegant;
- The dress may look simple, but has so many details to enjoy: paneled design, tied waist, a split front and pockets! Yes, pockets – and I so LOVE having those!! Let’s be honest – I never use them as such, but just knowing they are there makes me feel cool!
- The color is not something you see every day and I know I will be wearing this dress well into Fall (when the weather permits that is) as it combined perfectly with earthy neutrals.
Have you checked out METISU’s dresses yet? They have trendy, new items (not just dresses, but I am just a sucker for those) every week! Let me know if you find anything you like on their website! There is an up to 70% mid-season sale right now! Would love to see it!
Heels: old Banana Republic, similar here
Clutch: old, similar here
Earrings and Necklace: Lucky Brand
Watch: Raymond Weil
Happy rest of the week, beauties!
Hope your week has been going great and that you have some exciting plans for the upcoming weekend.
Since we are in the heat of summer and florals are huge during this season I wanted to introduce you to a floral midi dress with a twist, by METISU. I find this abstract pattern to be very artistic and inspiring. The flowers have a beautifully undefined shape and colors that flow from one flower to the other. The pops of brighter red and green stand out from the more muted earthy, tobacco tones and black background. This unusual color story gives you countless possibilities when it comes to accessories. I chose a blue Chanel bag and gold heels, but black, green, red or any neutral toned bag and shoes would also compliment this pretty dress very well.
The crew neck, midi length, and half-sleeve make this dress perfect for work, whereas the slim-fitting, elegant silhouette and side slid perfect it for “play”! I wore it in the office, followed by a performance at the Disney Concert Hall–it suited both occasions to the t!
This dress is excellent for summer as it is from a very light material. It also comes with a waist belt should you decide you desire additional definition in that area. It is also currently on sale for just $60, so hurry in and grab yours or show me what you chose from the wonderful METISU sale going on right now!
Heels: Banana Republic (similar here)
Watch: Raymond Weil Tango
Earrings: Lucky Brand
Hope your weekend was full of pleasant surprises and happy times with family and friends! We had a fun birthday party to go to and made it to the beach just in time as the temperatures here are upward of 90 degrees and the ocean breeze always makes things better. I did get a little sun-burnt, but I should know better than to ignore the sunscreen when it is calling my name, hehe.
What made out trip to the beach even more fun were my funky All For Color Birds of Paradise Camille Convertible Maxi and our stylish Anchor Duffel Bag from Sloane Ranger.
This strapless convertible maxi is so eye-catching. I love the unique print, combining vibrant colors and a pretty leafs and birds design to create one attention-grabbing fabric masterpiece. It is made from the most comfy, untra soft, cotton jersey material which makes it a pleasure to wear. Since we went to the beach I used this dress as my cover-up, but it is also perfect as a skirt as the top part folds over, giving you the flexibility to combine it with your favorite summer tee! For more All For Color maxis, click here! For 20% OFF your purchase and free shipping on orders over $50 use code: OOTDINSTYLE.
And this gorgeous canvas Anchor Duffler! Is there a better bag to go to the beach with?!? It’s dimensions allowed me to fill it up with everything we may need for a day under the sun – beach towels, an extra set of clothes, water, diapers and baby essentials (it even doubled as a diaper bag!), sunscreen, and some snacks. The webbed shoulder strap makes it easy to carry hands-free for those moments when you need to grab a little hand to lead. The strap is detachable and adjustable to fit your desires. This bag is also fully lined and sports a vegan-friendly leather trim! Check the range of dufflers by Sloan Ranger here. If you like the anchor print, but want a different shape, check these out!
Dress: All For Color
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Duffel Bag: Sloane Ranger
Crochet Straw Tote: Nordstrom
Toddler Chambray Dress: Gap Baby
Toddler Sandals: H&M Kids
Toddler Sunglasses: Carters
Please, drop me a line and let me know what your favorite beach accessories are and whether you found your match at All For Color or Sloane Ranger! Happy summer!
I just came back from a lovely Southern European vacation during which we visited Barcelona, Monaco, Cinque Terre, Rome, Corsica, and Palma de Mallorca. It is good to be home, but I already miss the excitement of exploring new places, discovering beautiful historical sights, enjoying the breathtaking views of homes nestled in the heels above the turquoise waters of the sea, meeting new cultures and people, and munching on Mediterranean delicacies – yummmmmm-nommm-nommmm!
The weather in Southern Europe this time of the year happened to be above 90F every single day, so wearing light clothing was the way to go, because who wants to walk around a gorgeous new spot drenched in sweat and feeling hot while there is so much to see and enjoy?! Not me–and I am one who likes the heat!
A favorite pieces of clothing for this vacation was the Peach Passion Tatum Cut Out Romper
from All For Color
! I spent an entire day in Palma de Mallorca in this cool romper. When I say “cool” I mean in both in the way it looks and how it made me feel temperature-wise. It sure kept me comfortable and feeling stylish while sightseeing from the top floor of a hop-on-hop-off bus (and whoever has taken those knows you can bake on one!!), visiting the Bellever Castle at noon (while the SUN sent all of its hot love our way <3), and enjoying a well-deserved espresso with some ice-cream by the beach in the later afternoon.
What do I love about this romper?
- The colorful print and fresh color palette attract the eye, while allowing you to combine the romper with accessories in orange, pink, blue or any of the neutral colors – beige, white, cream. I chose to pair it up with blue flats and a beige handbag.
- The cut-out shoulder design is right on trend letting you embrace the cold shoulder look.
- The elastic waistline gives your figure a boost by giving your middle section definition.
- The woven rayon material is so light and breathable – feels like you are wearing a feather which allows the breeze to come trough and keep you cool – perfect for a day in the sun.
- It is very lightweight and does not take any space in you luggage, which is great when you are trying to minimize the amount of stuff to haul during a long trip.
- Bonus – it does not wrinkle easily!
Don’t forget to check out All For Color
as they offer so many great articles of clothing perfect for summer – rompers, dresses, tops, bottoms, cover ups, pajamas, even scarfs and shawls – you are sure to find something to catch your eye and enhance your style! For 20% off orders over $50 plus free shipping
use code: “OOTDINSTYLE
Where would you be vacationing this summer? Drop me a line to let me know and have fun shopping for your vacation and expiring the world!
Hello ladies and gents!
Hope your three-days weekend was fantastic and marked the beginning of a fun and happy summer season!
I have to admit I am enjoying spring, however summer has always been my favorite season and in celebration of its arrival I am dedicating this post to the perfect outfit for a day under the sun.
What are the essentials a girl needs:
- a pretty sun dress – somehow dresses have this ability to make a girl feel pretty and want to twirl all around town… This one has me feeling exactly that way. The top is an embroidered eyelet bib with delicate straps and lots of vintage charm. The midi-length gives it a classy yet fun feel and the cotton fabric, as subtle as the design, is so light that you can barely feel it – just the right kind of material and style for a hot day. One thing to note is that the top part of the dress could be a bit tight. I purchased a size Small and it fits me well, however it may be a bit snug.
- a floppy hat – hats add so much character to a look! This wide brim, floppy beach hat is sure to also provide your face with great protection from the sun. I love its fringed edges and seaside vacation vibe!
- sunglasses – if you are like me and the sun really bugs your eyes, consider adding your favorite sunglasses – those would add some charm and protect out sight as well! 🙂
- a bag for your belongings – saddle bags have been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years – they are compact and can fit everything I need for a day. If you are heading to the beach pair this look with a cool beach tote (use code OOTDINSTYLE for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $50) and voila!
- some pretty jewellery to complete your look – this dress would look beautiful with both silver and gold jewels. I wanted my jewelry to be just as dainty as the dress, so I paired it up with a vintage rose necklace, gold earrings with some sparkle and a couple of gold rings (similar items here). I am very used to wearing a watch and owning a two-toned one has made it so easy to pair up with any other jewelry.
- a cute pair of shoes – which girl does not love heels?! This dress would look fab with some block-heel-lace-up sandals. For a day out and about, I love being able to roam around in comfort, so I opt out for flats during the day and leave heels for an evening/night out!
I want to THANK the sweet, talented, and professional Arianna Sharfman of Arianna Sharfman Photography for the beautiful images and the great conversation and ease she made me feel during our photoshoot. Check out her work – she is so incredibly friendly and a pleasure to work with!
Happy almost-summer, lovelies!!
Photo Credit: Ariana Sharfman