Hello, beautiful people!
So what are two of my favorite things? Mid-week and mid-August? Hehe! Almost, although this time I will be talking about LACE and EMBROIDERY details. This week’s outfit has both and is a casual look I know I will be sporting from now till there are warm Fall days to enjoy.
Let’s dice this look into its comprising pieces:
- Jenny Surplice Blouse – this is one of my newest summer-to-fall additions. This blouse is so boho chic and “had me at its sleeves!” The lace detailing and the bell shape spoke to me from the moment I say this blouse on Stay Warm in Style’s page. I find the light mauve color so feminine and trendy, at the same time, as it has a “washed off” flair. The third favorite feature is the V-neckline with cross string detailing–adds to the “happening now” vibe of the blouse.
- Sienna Slim Boyfriend Jean – what is there not to love about these jeans? They are ripped, embroidered, comfy, have an aged, broken-in feel and pair up perfectly with the Jenny Blouse. Not only do they both ooze a boho vibe as one of the embroidered flower’s color is the perfect match with the top’s color.
- Floppy Hat – these are such a great accessory for Fall. A hat can add so much edge to an outfit and I feel like this one competes the look. It features a braided leather band with beaded tassel trim and a five-inch brim.
- A pair of sandstone heels and bag to match, and VOILA! The look is complete and ready for cooler summer evenings, fall days, or even some warm LA winter ones!
Top – Stay Warm in Style
Jeans – Lucky Brand
Hat – Lucky Brand
Heels – old Banana Republic (similar Sam Edelman pair here)
Bag – old BEBE (similar Rebecca Minkoff option here)
Sunglasses – Calvin Klein
Earrings – Lucky Brand
What has been you favorite casual look lately?
Hello ladies and gents!
Hope your three-days weekend was fantastic and marked the beginning of a fun and happy summer season!
I have to admit I am enjoying spring, however summer has always been my favorite season and in celebration of its arrival I am dedicating this post to the perfect outfit for a day under the sun.
What are the essentials a girl needs:
- a pretty sun dress – somehow dresses have this ability to make a girl feel pretty and want to twirl all around town… This one has me feeling exactly that way. The top is an embroidered eyelet bib with delicate straps and lots of vintage charm. The midi-length gives it a classy yet fun feel and the cotton fabric, as subtle as the design, is so light that you can barely feel it – just the right kind of material and style for a hot day. One thing to note is that the top part of the dress could be a bit tight. I purchased a size Small and it fits me well, however it may be a bit snug.
- a floppy hat – hats add so much character to a look! This wide brim, floppy beach hat is sure to also provide your face with great protection from the sun. I love its fringed edges and seaside vacation vibe!
- sunglasses – if you are like me and the sun really bugs your eyes, consider adding your favorite sunglasses – those would add some charm and protect out sight as well! 🙂
- a bag for your belongings – saddle bags have been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years – they are compact and can fit everything I need for a day. If you are heading to the beach pair this look with a cool beach tote (use code OOTDINSTYLE for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $50) and voila!
- some pretty jewellery to complete your look – this dress would look beautiful with both silver and gold jewels. I wanted my jewelry to be just as dainty as the dress, so I paired it up with a vintage rose necklace, gold earrings with some sparkle and a couple of gold rings (similar items here). I am very used to wearing a watch and owning a two-toned one has made it so easy to pair up with any other jewelry.
- a cute pair of shoes – which girl does not love heels?! This dress would look fab with some block-heel-lace-up sandals. For a day out and about, I love being able to roam around in comfort, so I opt out for flats during the day and leave heels for an evening/night out!
I want to THANK the sweet, talented, and professional Arianna Sharfman of Arianna Sharfman Photography for the beautiful images and the great conversation and ease she made me feel during our photoshoot. Check out her work – she is so incredibly friendly and a pleasure to work with!
Happy almost-summer, lovelies!!
Photo Credit: Ariana Sharfman