Can you believe we are approaching mid-August?!? I really don’t want summer to end… I know I live in sunny LA and should not be complaining about winter, however my love for summer goes back ever since I can remember myself!
I am actively avoiding looking at Fall collections and shopping for the season ahead just yet, so today I am sporting the funnest floral midi, by Stay Warm in Style, enjoying the rays of sunshine, flowers in bloom, birds’ songs, straw hats and sandals!
Those of you who have followed me for a while know that I love me a good sheath dress, however this fit and flair midi grabbed me with it’s vibrant floral print and mint base–it just oozes femininity and comfort all at the same time. I adore the length and “YES!” it has pockets!! And which girl does not like a dress with pockets?!? Once I had the dress in my hands I could also appreciate its material – it is so soft and gentle on your skin, which adds to the overall comfort I feel when wearing it. Today, I paired my new midi with lace up block heel sandals, a burgundy bag, a summer straw panama hat and round glasses to achieve a casual look, however this piece is so versatile and would look beautiful with a pair of red heels and a simple beige bag as it really does not need much accessorizing–it speaks for itself beautifully!
If you have never heard of Stay Warm in Style you should check out their site! It brings wonderful boho-inspired fashion to the world of boutique shopping. See what is new here and let me know what your favorite piece is!
Dress: Emma Midi Stay Warm in Style
Sandals: Lucky Brand
Bag: Lucky Brand
Panama Hat: Lucky Brand
Enjoy the week of summer till next time, lovelies!
Hello, lovely people!
Happy February! I recently went on vacation to the US Virgin Island of St. Croix, and boy, is it a beautiful piece of land surrounded by the most vibrant, countless-shades-of-blue water! Some of the architecture is stunning and where a building has turned into an abandoned ruin the flora has taken over and turned it into a charming, out-of-Tom-Sayer site! I could imagine countless photo-shoots there–a photographer’s Paradise!
As beautiful as St. Croix is, it is also not a very posh place. People are very welcoming, but unfortunately seem to live on a penny, the infrastructure is sort of maintained, and the island does not house many fancy restaurants or stores, BUT that is just part of its endless charm! It is a relaxing, let-your-hair-down, makeup-free, non-pretentious, casual kind of island.
So, what are some of the essentials you would need to have an enjoyable vacation:
- A few pairs of bikini (love the VS options here)–the island offers many wonderful beaches (my favorites are Sugar Cane Beach, Rainbow Beach and Sandy Point Beach) and you would love to be in or by the water as much as possible.
- A snorkel set (I have a Speedo set that worked very well)–don’t miss the beauty that lives in the water. It is such a calm and astonishing underwater world that you can enjoy by simply investing $35 in some fins, a mask and a snorkel. It takes “playing in the water” to a whole new level.
- Sunglasses (got my Kenneth Cole pair, similar here)–it is nice and sunny all the time, and if you are like me and have love for the sun, but can’t look it in the eye for too long, sunglasses would be much needed and appreciated.
- Flip-flops (wore this AEO pair everywhere) and flats (I wore my Lucky Brand Ellie pair)–I could have done this entire vacation in my flip-flops, but there was something nice about being able to slip into flats for dinner and the evening weather would allow it! Don’t bother with heels–you will look totally out of place, fell uncomfortable and perhaps a bit tired after a day in the water and under the sun.
- Your favorite casual dresses and cover-ups–I brought 5 or 6 dresses, a pair of shorts and a skirt, but the dresses worked so well I didn’t need anything else. You can throw those over your swimsuit with your flip-flops or pair them up with your flats for dinner, a visit to the botanical garden, a tour of the rum distilleries, and voila–you are island ready!
- A light jacket (love this Lucky Brand option) or cardi–I always feel cold and St. Croix gets a nice breeze that runs trough the island most of the time–day or night, so I appreciated having a thin denim blazer for a dinner or cocktails out in the evening.
What is nice to have, but not essential:
- If you are planning on some hiking adventures you may want to bring a pair of running shoes. I hiked in flip-flops, but wished for my sneakers would magically appear on my feet. 😉
- Board shorts would also be good for a hike, a paddle board afternoon, jet-skiing or a night out in a see-through kayak to check out the bio-luminescence at Salt River Bay.
- A small cross-body bag to house your credit card, some cash, and small essentials.
- A backpack for the beach or a hike.
- A hat–another way to protect yourself from the sun, however it is a bit windy, which means you may end up chasing your fedora or panama down the beach.
What to leave at home:
- Fancy jewels;
- Designer bags;
- Cocktail dresses;
- Full makeup set.
St. Croix is a low-key, casual-essentials kind of island, so leave your fancy fashion behind for this vacay, grab your sunscreen, bathing suit, snorkel, an adventure spirit and enjoy the raw fun this island has to offer!
Happy vacationing, ladies and gents!!