Fall is in full swing and so are outfits in earthy tones and soft, cozy textures appropriate for the cooler weather this season brings. The materials I am most excited about are leather and suede–both bring so much edge to an outfit, whether they are the real deal or its faux alternatives (great for those of us who care about animals or don’t want to pay high prices).
This week I present to you my suede dream from Earth Tone Land! It is a combination of caramels, browns, beiges all topped off with a bunch of olive–the embodiment of ease to the eye and comfort to the skin! 🙂 Suede, whether real or faux, feels super soft against your body and is a pleasure to wear. That goes for both my skirt and bomber–the main components of this outfit. I choose a sheer ruffle top to bring out the femininity of the skirt and bridge it with the sportier feel of the jacket. The snakeskin pumps add some edge while complementing the color scheme of the outfit, and so does this leather-embroidered brown bag!
Outfit Details: Jacket | Skirt | Pumps | Top | Glasses | Necklace | Earrings | Bag (old, similar here)
Are you a fan of leather and suede? Do you prefer their alternatives? How about earthy colors? Would you be wearing those for Fall?
Hello, beautiful people!
So what are two of my favorite things? Mid-week and mid-August? Hehe! Almost, although this time I will be talking about LACE and EMBROIDERY details. This week’s outfit has both and is a casual look I know I will be sporting from now till there are warm Fall days to enjoy.
Let’s dice this look into its comprising pieces:
- Jenny Surplice Blouse – this is one of my newest summer-to-fall additions. This blouse is so boho chic and “had me at its sleeves!” The lace detailing and the bell shape spoke to me from the moment I say this blouse on Stay Warm in Style’s page. I find the light mauve color so feminine and trendy, at the same time, as it has a “washed off” flair. The third favorite feature is the V-neckline with cross string detailing–adds to the “happening now” vibe of the blouse.
- Sienna Slim Boyfriend Jean – what is there not to love about these jeans? They are ripped, embroidered, comfy, have an aged, broken-in feel and pair up perfectly with the Jenny Blouse. Not only do they both ooze a boho vibe as one of the embroidered flower’s color is the perfect match with the top’s color.
- Floppy Hat – these are such a great accessory for Fall. A hat can add so much edge to an outfit and I feel like this one competes the look. It features a braided leather band with beaded tassel trim and a five-inch brim.
- A pair of sandstone heels and bag to match, and VOILA! The look is complete and ready for cooler summer evenings, fall days, or even some warm LA winter ones!
Top – Stay Warm in Style
Jeans – Lucky Brand
Hat – Lucky Brand
Heels – old Banana Republic (similar Sam Edelman pair here)
Bag – old BEBE (similar Rebecca Minkoff option here)
Sunglasses – Calvin Klein
Earrings – Lucky Brand
What has been you favorite casual look lately?
I just came back from a lovely Southern European vacation during which we visited Barcelona, Monaco, Cinque Terre, Rome, Corsica, and Palma de Mallorca. It is good to be home, but I already miss the excitement of exploring new places, discovering beautiful historical sights, enjoying the breathtaking views of homes nestled in the heels above the turquoise waters of the sea, meeting new cultures and people, and munching on Mediterranean delicacies – yummmmmm-nommm-nommmm!
The weather in Southern Europe this time of the year happened to be above 90F every single day, so wearing light clothing was the way to go, because who wants to walk around a gorgeous new spot drenched in sweat and feeling hot while there is so much to see and enjoy?! Not me–and I am one who likes the heat!
A favorite pieces of clothing for this vacation was the Peach Passion Tatum Cut Out Romper
from All For Color
! I spent an entire day in Palma de Mallorca in this cool romper. When I say “cool” I mean in both in the way it looks and how it made me feel temperature-wise. It sure kept me comfortable and feeling stylish while sightseeing from the top floor of a hop-on-hop-off bus (and whoever has taken those knows you can bake on one!!), visiting the Bellever Castle at noon (while the SUN sent all of its hot love our way <3), and enjoying a well-deserved espresso with some ice-cream by the beach in the later afternoon.
What do I love about this romper?
- The colorful print and fresh color palette attract the eye, while allowing you to combine the romper with accessories in orange, pink, blue or any of the neutral colors – beige, white, cream. I chose to pair it up with blue flats and a beige handbag.
- The cut-out shoulder design is right on trend letting you embrace the cold shoulder look.
- The elastic waistline gives your figure a boost by giving your middle section definition.
- The woven rayon material is so light and breathable – feels like you are wearing a feather which allows the breeze to come trough and keep you cool – perfect for a day in the sun.
- It is very lightweight and does not take any space in you luggage, which is great when you are trying to minimize the amount of stuff to haul during a long trip.
- Bonus – it does not wrinkle easily!
Don’t forget to check out All For Color
as they offer so many great articles of clothing perfect for summer – rompers, dresses, tops, bottoms, cover ups, pajamas, even scarfs and shawls – you are sure to find something to catch your eye and enhance your style! For 20% off orders over $50 plus free shipping
use code: “OOTDINSTYLE
Where would you be vacationing this summer? Drop me a line to let me know and have fun shopping for your vacation and expiring the world!
Hello Lovely People,
Happy April! As we are entering the heart of spring I wanted to bring a bright and cheerful look to you with an element of animal print you can style three different ways without changing a single piece of the outfit.
What do you think of this fun neon and gray zebra print dress from 337 Brand? Isn’t it perfect for spring and summer? It is simple and versatile, yet commands attention! The v-neck allows you to display a fun necklace or two and pairs up perfectly with both gold and silver accents. The relaxed fit allows for your creativity to shine through when styling the dress. The Jersey Burnout fabric is light and a tad bit sheer adding to the print for even more visual interest.
To make an outfit, I paired this dress with while, ankle-length, skinny jeans and neon and cream peep toes that perfectly complement the dress. I added a cream bag to play into the color scheme as I believe a three-color rule works perfect for this style.
So what did I do with the dress to achieve my three different looks:
- Define the waist – to add some definition I belted the dress with a white braided belt–keeping in the color combo I chose. This dress also looks great with a wider waist belt for an even more dramatic look.
- Set it free – this option is great for a more relaxed feel or if you’ve just had an enjoyable brunch 😉
- Tie the knot – the dress lends itself to the current trend of tying your tee. This option let’s your bottoms shine, rather than being just the supporting act for the dress.
Burnout Mini T-Shirt Dress
GAP 1969 Raw Edge White Jeans – similar here
Suede Woven Mix Belt
Calvin Klein Neon and Cream Peep Toes – old, but the outfit would look great with these
Ralph Lauren Cream Bag – similar here and here
Have you found a smaller brand of clothing you have really enjoyed lately? Check out 337 Brand – they have some fun pieces to spice up your wardrobe with!
Happy fashion explorations, babe!
Looking out of the window this morning, the sun inspired the color-seeker in me and got me dreaming of an outfit to reflect its cheerful rays. Sooooo, I grabbed a wrap dress with a fun geo print combining yellow, cream, and a couple of blue tones and decided to build my outfit on that color scheme. I had the perfect pair of yellow kitten heels and a cream bag, both having gold accents and picking up a hue from the dress. To expand on the gold theme, I added a gold statement necklace and earrings, and a two-toned watch. I coordinated my glasses so that their metal part is in tune as well and voila–the outfit was ready in 5 minutes!
Why do I love this outfit? Besides being bright, cheerful and spring-ready, it is also very easy to assemble and wear. As most full-time working mamas, I find that some mornings I just don’t have the time to put an elaborate outfit together and be out of the door on time. Dresses and jumpsuits to the rescue – those are so convenient as they have got you covered and all that is left to think about are the accessories.
This dress is also made of cotton, which makes it a pleasure to wear. I am one of those people who always checks the label, because I appreciate having a natural fabric against my skin–cotton, linen, silk and leather are favorites in my book.
Dress – Lucky Brand (old, beautiful floral cold-shoulder option here and a Ralph Lauren one here)
Shoes – Nine West (old, similar here and here. A cool-colored kitten heel option for spring here)
Bag – Ralph Lauren (old, similar here and here)
Glasses – Ray-Ban Clubround
So go on ladies, be bold with your colors and enjoy playing with some patterns! Happy styling!
Today I decided to share with you an outfit that makes me feel comfy in my skin. It is my definition of perfect balance between low key and yet well put together, casual yet chic, simple yet incorporating great details.
So what are the ingredients for this “casual comfort” cocktail? I mixed my favorite pair of cropped ripped jeans from BEBE (similar here and here) with a basic black cotton tee (I love this choker tee option). I decided to play up the gold zip and button accents of the jeans by pairing those with gold Nine West loafers (those are like slippers on your feet–similar here, here and here) gold statement necklace by Lucky Brand (this one would look great with a black and gold outfit! But this Lucky Brand option is just as beautiful as well!) and gold earrings.
To top the look I would have added gold reflective Ray-Ban aviators, but a pair of little hands I totally adore got to those before me and let’s say made them not very “user friendly”, so instead I used the silver reflective version I have managed to preserve, hehe! Of course a lady’s outfit is only complete with a bag and I love this seashell BOTKIER purse similar to mine.
What type of outfit makes you feel comfy in your skin on a weekday or during the weekend?
Have a happy and comfy spring, ladies and gents!
Happy Wednesday! This week I was thinking back to the times when I was a brand new mama and how I had to rethink my wardrobe to fit my needs as such, especially for the months in which I nursed my little one. I have to admit, there was one article of clothing I loved and missed a lot – my dresses! Those of you who are mamas would probably agree that having separated, pants and a tee or a skirt-blouse combo, makes life easier when nursing. However, if you are a fan of dresses, fear not! The button down chambray dress comes to the rescue!!
What are some of the benefits this dress offers a new mama:
- Look – this dress is very flattering as it does not stick to your body while at the same time its draw-string adds waste definition.
- Comfort – chambray is very soft and pleasant on you skin. BUT most importantly for new mamas, this dress is fitted with buttons at the front which makes it easy for baby and you to have a nursing session during an outing – yay!
- Hidden benefits – unlike silk or other shiny materials, chambray hides small milk spots well, so you don’t feel embarrassed that the whole world can see those before you can reach home to change.
- It keeps on giving – I am a firm believer that you should be able to use your clothes for as long as you would like to. The fact that chambray dresses are non-new mama specific makes them great for any season in your life!
Dress: similar here, here and here
Boots: Nine West (similar here and here)
Bag: Lucky Brand (similar here)
Have a fantastic day, lovelies! New mama or not I hope you chambray your way into Spring!
“Sun is shining, the weather is sweet, yeah
Make you wanna” dress in your lighter clothes now
“To the rescue,” winter coat no more
“Want you to know, y’all, can you understand?” (quotation portions are Bob Marley’s)
Do you guys love being greeted by the sun in the morning? Doesn’t it put a spring in your step and a smile on your face? It also helps us shell out of the heavy layers we have been hiding under during the winter season and that always makes me happy. Spring is just around the corner and I wanted to share this outfit with you as it is such a great way to transition to this new, exciting season. Why?
- Colors – white, coral, cream and blue denim. For many people white tends to symbolize purity, light, a “clean slate,”… to me it also screams “SUMMER!” I feel similarly about cream, and find the combination of white and cream quite serine and attractive. Adding a punch of color with coral awakens the outfit, as coral is vibrant and in tandem with the deep blue denim makes me think of the pretty water life of the Caribbean.
- Cut – both this top and my blazer have 3/4 sleeves and what better way to transition between long and short sleeves and into spring?! These skinny jeans could partner with any shoe type during any season and a pair of bold heels in not an exception.
- Materials – all the pieces of this outfit are made from either cotton or linen or a blend of the two. I enjoy wearing these materials during any season. However, both are particularly great for the warmer months as they are breathable, light and 100% natural.
Top: Lucky Brand Placed Print Top
Jeans: Lucky Brand Brooke Straight
Blazer: Lucky Brand Feminine Eyelet Blazer
Heels: Aldo Ripiego
Bag: Lucky Brand (suggested here)
I hope the weather is warming up where you are as well and that you would get to wear your favorite spring outfits soon as well!
Hello lovely people,
Do you work at an office which allows you to wear jeans for casual Friday? My boss is extra nice and lets us be in our jeans most every day–unless we have a client meeting. I have to admit I enjoy being able to dress as casual as I like, however I do work in DTLA in a very business environment and have to still look presentable to that world.
So how can one work her/his jeans into the corporate world? The easiest way is to pick a nice blazer, a pair of stylish shoes, a dressier top and to accessorize. Today I decided to pair up my GUESS jeans with a Black Two-Button Banana Republic blazer, black Nine West high boots (similar here), and a black shiny Calving Klein top (similar here and here).
To add some charm and color I accessorized the outfit with an orange chunky ring (similar here) and earrings (similar here) from Lucky Brand, and topped the look off with a thin Banana Republic neck scarf (this one would look great) for that chic, feminine flight attendant feel. Last, but not least a pair of black Armani sunglasses (beautiful MOD version here), my favorite Botkier bag and “Office here I am!” 😉
I hope this post inspires you to jump into jeans on casual Fridays or even wear a similar look on the weekend for cocktails with the girls or a date night with your sweets!
Hello lovely people,
We are in the midst of winter season! Can you believe it? Do you feel like you are stuck in the world of neutrals or the black zone when it comes to winter outfits? I sure am guilty as charged! No matter what I do I end up having too many black garments all combined into a monochrome look that I rotate from December trough the end of March and I just can’t seem to break free from that habit.
This week I have been trying to wear more of my winter dresses and it dawned on me–animal print is a great way to spice up the winter wardrobe! It make me feel more vibrant, chic and “wild”! It provides a pattern for the eye to enjoy and a pop for the outfit to stand out, even if the pattern is only in the neutral color palette.
I tend to have all my animal print on dresses, but I think an animal print sweater or pair of shoes would have an equally powerful effect in refreshing your winder style.
Dress 1: Banana Republic Faux Wrap (similar here and here)
Dress 2: Banana Republic Kimono (similar here and here)
Dress3: Kenneth Cole Bodycon (similar here and here)
Dress4: Calvin Klein Sheath (similar here and here)
Happy Saturday, Loves! See you on the wild side! 😉