Fall is in full swing and so are outfits in earthy tones and soft, cozy textures appropriate for the cooler weather this season brings. The materials I am most excited about are leather and suede–both bring so much edge to an outfit, whether they are the real deal or its faux alternatives (great for those of us who care about animals or don’t want to pay high prices).
This week I present to you my suede dream from Earth Tone Land! It is a combination of caramels, browns, beiges all topped off with a bunch of olive–the embodiment of ease to the eye and comfort to the skin! 🙂 Suede, whether real or faux, feels super soft against your body and is a pleasure to wear. That goes for both my skirt and bomber–the main components of this outfit. I choose a sheer ruffle top to bring out the femininity of the skirt and bridge it with the sportier feel of the jacket. The snakeskin pumps add some edge while complementing the color scheme of the outfit, and so does this leather-embroidered brown bag!
Outfit Details: Jacket | Skirt | Pumps | Top | Glasses | Necklace | Earrings | Bag (old, similar here)
Are you a fan of leather and suede? Do you prefer their alternatives? How about earthy colors? Would you be wearing those for Fall?
Hello, beautiful people!
So what are two of my favorite things? Mid-week and mid-August? Hehe! Almost, although this time I will be talking about LACE and EMBROIDERY details. This week’s outfit has both and is a casual look I know I will be sporting from now till there are warm Fall days to enjoy.
Let’s dice this look into its comprising pieces:
- Jenny Surplice Blouse – this is one of my newest summer-to-fall additions. This blouse is so boho chic and “had me at its sleeves!” The lace detailing and the bell shape spoke to me from the moment I say this blouse on Stay Warm in Style’s page. I find the light mauve color so feminine and trendy, at the same time, as it has a “washed off” flair. The third favorite feature is the V-neckline with cross string detailing–adds to the “happening now” vibe of the blouse.
- Sienna Slim Boyfriend Jean – what is there not to love about these jeans? They are ripped, embroidered, comfy, have an aged, broken-in feel and pair up perfectly with the Jenny Blouse. Not only do they both ooze a boho vibe as one of the embroidered flower’s color is the perfect match with the top’s color.
- Floppy Hat – these are such a great accessory for Fall. A hat can add so much edge to an outfit and I feel like this one competes the look. It features a braided leather band with beaded tassel trim and a five-inch brim.
- A pair of sandstone heels and bag to match, and VOILA! The look is complete and ready for cooler summer evenings, fall days, or even some warm LA winter ones!
Top – Stay Warm in Style
Jeans – Lucky Brand
Hat – Lucky Brand
Heels – old Banana Republic (similar Sam Edelman pair here)
Bag – old BEBE (similar Rebecca Minkoff option here)
Sunglasses – Calvin Klein
Earrings – Lucky Brand
What has been you favorite casual look lately?
I just came back from a lovely Southern European vacation during which we visited Barcelona, Monaco, Cinque Terre, Rome, Corsica, and Palma de Mallorca. It is good to be home, but I already miss the excitement of exploring new places, discovering beautiful historical sights, enjoying the breathtaking views of homes nestled in the heels above the turquoise waters of the sea, meeting new cultures and people, and munching on Mediterranean delicacies – yummmmmm-nommm-nommmm!
The weather in Southern Europe this time of the year happened to be above 90F every single day, so wearing light clothing was the way to go, because who wants to walk around a gorgeous new spot drenched in sweat and feeling hot while there is so much to see and enjoy?! Not me–and I am one who likes the heat!
A favorite pieces of clothing for this vacation was the Peach Passion Tatum Cut Out Romper
from All For Color
! I spent an entire day in Palma de Mallorca in this cool romper. When I say “cool” I mean in both in the way it looks and how it made me feel temperature-wise. It sure kept me comfortable and feeling stylish while sightseeing from the top floor of a hop-on-hop-off bus (and whoever has taken those knows you can bake on one!!), visiting the Bellever Castle at noon (while the SUN sent all of its hot love our way <3), and enjoying a well-deserved espresso with some ice-cream by the beach in the later afternoon.
What do I love about this romper?
- The colorful print and fresh color palette attract the eye, while allowing you to combine the romper with accessories in orange, pink, blue or any of the neutral colors – beige, white, cream. I chose to pair it up with blue flats and a beige handbag.
- The cut-out shoulder design is right on trend letting you embrace the cold shoulder look.
- The elastic waistline gives your figure a boost by giving your middle section definition.
- The woven rayon material is so light and breathable – feels like you are wearing a feather which allows the breeze to come trough and keep you cool – perfect for a day in the sun.
- It is very lightweight and does not take any space in you luggage, which is great when you are trying to minimize the amount of stuff to haul during a long trip.
- Bonus – it does not wrinkle easily!
Don’t forget to check out All For Color
as they offer so many great articles of clothing perfect for summer – rompers, dresses, tops, bottoms, cover ups, pajamas, even scarfs and shawls – you are sure to find something to catch your eye and enhance your style! For 20% off orders over $50 plus free shipping
use code: “OOTDINSTYLE
Where would you be vacationing this summer? Drop me a line to let me know and have fun shopping for your vacation and expiring the world!
Hello Lovely People,
Happy April! As we are entering the heart of spring I wanted to bring a bright and cheerful look to you with an element of animal print you can style three different ways without changing a single piece of the outfit.
What do you think of this fun neon and gray zebra print dress from 337 Brand? Isn’t it perfect for spring and summer? It is simple and versatile, yet commands attention! The v-neck allows you to display a fun necklace or two and pairs up perfectly with both gold and silver accents. The relaxed fit allows for your creativity to shine through when styling the dress. The Jersey Burnout fabric is light and a tad bit sheer adding to the print for even more visual interest.
To make an outfit, I paired this dress with while, ankle-length, skinny jeans and neon and cream peep toes that perfectly complement the dress. I added a cream bag to play into the color scheme as I believe a three-color rule works perfect for this style.
So what did I do with the dress to achieve my three different looks:
- Define the waist – to add some definition I belted the dress with a white braided belt–keeping in the color combo I chose. This dress also looks great with a wider waist belt for an even more dramatic look.
- Set it free – this option is great for a more relaxed feel or if you’ve just had an enjoyable brunch 😉
- Tie the knot – the dress lends itself to the current trend of tying your tee. This option let’s your bottoms shine, rather than being just the supporting act for the dress.
Burnout Mini T-Shirt Dress
GAP 1969 Raw Edge White Jeans – similar here
Suede Woven Mix Belt
Calvin Klein Neon and Cream Peep Toes – old, but the outfit would look great with these
Ralph Lauren Cream Bag – similar here and here
Have you found a smaller brand of clothing you have really enjoyed lately? Check out 337 Brand – they have some fun pieces to spice up your wardrobe with!
Happy fashion explorations, babe!
Please excuse my amateurish way as this is my first blog post EVER!!
I am so excited to embark on this fashion journey with you! Let’s do so on the right foot with a bite of caramel (that panama hat by Lucky Brand), a dash of cognac (saddle bag by Lucky Brand as well), some florals (off-the-shoulder H&M top), and of course a pair of skinny jeans (CK is my favorite denim designer) and Banana Republic dusty rose pumps. Fall is one of my favorite season as the weather lends itself to wearing hats without feeling like your head is on fire… Yet on some days off-the-shoulder blouses are still appropriate AND jeans are so in! This look is easy to wear as it is comfortable and stylish, a combo that would make any woman feel chic and confident. So let’s jump into this season of warm colors and cozy materials with our heads up and our smiles shining! 🙂