I know it is only February, but I am itching for spring. The temperatures in LA have been on the high for the season and I just cannot help but think “SPRING”!!!
A piece that I had never thought about as being a great one to include in my transitional winter-to-spring wardrobe is a MAXI dress–although it makes perfect sense–it is long enough to cover your legs and combines perfectly with jackets, sweaters, shirts, you name it… Soooo, I recently partnered with Gozon.com – a women’s contemporary boutique, headquartered right here in Los Angeles, and discovered the simple and elegant Solid Maxi Dress.
What is it that I love about this maxi and how can I wear it now and well into sprint and even summer?
- OK, I have to start with how comfy this dress is. It is made of the softest rayon material, which gives you the feeling of your favorite jammies, but falls beautifully to create an elongated silhouette. Which brings me to the next reason I enjoy the dress…
- The Empire waist cut of the Solid Maxi Dress is very flattering on any body type and perfect for all those brunch dates when we want to sit down, have a mimosa while munching on some chilaquiles, and would not miss dessert for the life of us! This piece will carry you trough brunch and the aftermath of it gracefully.
- Have I mentioned the pockets!? Yes, those are seamless, but an option for your hands on a cooler day or just “’cause you feel like it!” 😉
- I am 5’9′ and finding a maxi that is the right length is a challenge. Tall ladies, fear not–the Solid Maxi Dress excels at this and actually is a bit long even on me–so excited about that–I can ever wear it with heels! 😀
- The Solid Maxi Dress comes in four colors–all perfect for spring. I went with black as it reminded me of a favorite maxi I had in high school many, many years ago.
- Care about “made in the U.S.”? Well this dress is! And so are most of Gozon.com products.
- The dress is so versatile! It combines beautifully with a my favorite Daily Baseball Sweater Top for a casual look, rocks with my embroidered jacket for an edgy feel, and would suit up beautifully with a blazer for a more polished look.
Side note: the Daily Baseball Sweater Top is just as cozy as the dress–you would not want to take it off till you have to. The stripped sleeves add visual interest to this comfy and stylish sweater making it the perfect bring-along top for a cooler spring morning or evening. The multi-color stripes in a combination with the neutral-colored body also give your endless pairing possibilities. I have some yellow pants I cannot wait to wear this sweater with! ❤
Dress (sponsored, use code “MARIETA15” for 15% off) | Sweater Top (sponsored, use code “MARIETA15” for 15% off) | Jacket (sponsored, used code “LauraZF” for 10% off) | Flats | Booties | Sunglasses |Hat
Tip 1: If you’ve enjoyed any of there items or the feel of this style, then check out Gozon’s Clothing and use coupon code “MARIETA15” to receive 15% off your purchase!
Tip 2: Sign up for Gozon boutique’s e-mail newsletter to be the first to receive deals, exclusive coupon codes, and new arrival previews of the latest in women’s trendy clothing.
Stay tuned as I am going to bring you more of my new spring favorites this week. What are some of the new transitional pieces in your winter-to-spring wardrobe?
Hope your week has been going well. And “YES” I am posting for the second time this week! The solar eclipse must have gotten me, hehe!
Not sure if you can tell by the photos, but this girl is pretty tall–5.9′, some days 5.10′ (no heel height added), so when it comes to finding a maxi I never know if it would be long enough or sort of that awkward, show-your-ankle length that drives me insane… Well, tall girls, I have found the answer: the Burgundy Print Draped Maxi Dress by the trendy online boutique, PinkBlush!
Main reasons for loving this dress:
- It is long enough for tall girls – size Small, which is what I am wearing, measures 58 inches from high point of shoulder to hem–wahoooo!
- It is very flattering on your figure as the dress is draped, so it is perfect for brunch when you want all that yummy food. 🙂 The sash can be ties tight for waist definition or kept looser for a more comfortable feel.
- The material feels very gentle against your skin.
- The colors and pattern – both are perfect for Fall, so this dress would be making it to the office with me this coming season!
- Bonus for NEW MAMAS: The V-neckline and crossover design makes this dress perfect for nursing.
Have you recently found something you were looking for that fits your figure the way your desire?
Flats: Lucky Brand
Sunglases: Calvin Klein
Bag: Lucky Brand (similar here)
Earrings: Lucky Brand
Happy almost-weekend, lovelies!
Hope your weekend was full of pleasant surprises and happy times with family and friends! We had a fun birthday party to go to and made it to the beach just in time as the temperatures here are upward of 90 degrees and the ocean breeze always makes things better. I did get a little sun-burnt, but I should know better than to ignore the sunscreen when it is calling my name, hehe.
What made out trip to the beach even more fun were my funky All For Color Birds of Paradise Camille Convertible Maxi and our stylish Anchor Duffel Bag from Sloane Ranger.
This strapless convertible maxi is so eye-catching. I love the unique print, combining vibrant colors and a pretty leafs and birds design to create one attention-grabbing fabric masterpiece. It is made from the most comfy, untra soft, cotton jersey material which makes it a pleasure to wear. Since we went to the beach I used this dress as my cover-up, but it is also perfect as a skirt as the top part folds over, giving you the flexibility to combine it with your favorite summer tee! For more All For Color maxis, click here! For 20% OFF your purchase and free shipping on orders over $50 use code: OOTDINSTYLE.
And this gorgeous canvas Anchor Duffler! Is there a better bag to go to the beach with?!? It’s dimensions allowed me to fill it up with everything we may need for a day under the sun – beach towels, an extra set of clothes, water, diapers and baby essentials (it even doubled as a diaper bag!), sunscreen, and some snacks. The webbed shoulder strap makes it easy to carry hands-free for those moments when you need to grab a little hand to lead. The strap is detachable and adjustable to fit your desires. This bag is also fully lined and sports a vegan-friendly leather trim! Check the range of dufflers by Sloan Ranger here. If you like the anchor print, but want a different shape, check these out!
Dress: All For Color
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Duffel Bag: Sloane Ranger
Crochet Straw Tote: Nordstrom
Toddler Chambray Dress: Gap Baby
Toddler Sandals: H&M Kids
Toddler Sunglasses: Carters
Please, drop me a line and let me know what your favorite beach accessories are and whether you found your match at All For Color or Sloane Ranger! Happy summer!