Hi there, lovelies!
Seems like two colors are on the rise for Fall 2017. Can you guess the front runners? The title gave one up, so “YES” power red is one and chocolate brown the other. Both would be center stage the coming season. Designers like Max Mara, Givenchy, Armany, and Victoria Beckam, just to name a few, sent head-to-toe looks in various hues of red, down the runway.
To follow suit I searched for my red perfection and I find it in a jumpsuit! This piece by The Mint Julep Boutique grabber my eye with it’s daring color and elegant cut. The cold shoulder design, and the fact that you cannot tell whether this is a jumpsuit or a two-piece ensemble introduce mystery to this structured and chic fall favorite. The wide-leg “trousers” add to the sophistication of this piece and the 31-inch inseam allows a tall girl to enjoy a pair of heels without looking like she is going on a fisherman’s trip.
I wore this look to a blogger babes dinner in West Hollywood and was very comfortable in it the whole night–it took me from dinner to drinks to dancing. For the evening I paired the jumpsuit with Suede Michael Kors heels and the Rebecca Minkoff Black on Black ‘Mini MAC’ Convertible Crossbody Bag.
Have you checked out shopthemint.com? They have the cutest Fall items in their new arrivals section. I already have my eye on a few sweaters… Keep in mind that if you sign up for Mint Julep’s e-mails, you will receive $10 on your first order–what a great deal!
Looking Like a Star Jumpsuit: The Mint Julep
Bag: Dolce Vita (similar here)
Evening Bag: Rebecca Minkoff
Shoes: Michael Kors
Watch: Raymond Weil
Let me know if you have purchased any red, hot, beautiful, and bold items for Fall!
You may have noticed that I have developed a bootie addiction recently… Ahhhhh! I have to admit, I have vowed not to purchase any more of those, but this is the first season I am taking a leap into the land of booties. I have always liked the appearance of those, but did not think they looked very elegant on my legs. This fall/winter I decided to give booties a try and span a tad bit out of control—hehe! I love all five pairs I purchased and all for a different reason:
- The Lucky Brand Linnea Booties started it all! I loved the fact that they came in this unique brindle color, were suede, and had a pointy, yet not super pointy front, making them suitable for both jeans and dresses or skirts. The studs were an added bonus as those gave the eye a bit more to enjoy! BTW, January sales are in full swing and these “firestarter” booties are currently on sale for $67.49
- The Lucky Brand Leeir Studded Bootie – those were the last of my splurge, but they got me good as I decided to purchase both a black and a java pair. OK, where do I begin with these… First of all they are a mix of leather and suede, the stacked heel screams “Comfort!”, and the combination of those studs and zippers is surely a show-stopper!! The black pairs up nicely with the silver metal accents, and the java jives oh-so-well with the gold. I just could not resist their temptation! And… Guess what? It is your lucky day because those are on sale for $72.49! Are you in love?! ❤
- The Lorry Bootie – classy and clean, these leather booties have a pointed toe and a bit more of a Western edge, which makes them the perfect suitor for a pair of jeans or a hobo-inspited dress. Added bonus–you can wear them in the rain or snow and not worry about them being ruined! These beauties cost $67.49 and also come in black.
- And last but not least, the Ceder Western-Inspired Booties – I opted out for the natural suede as the color appealed to me. I loved the detail, one that in not in your face! The 1 1/2″ heel and padded insoles sure proved comfortable. Those booties pair up very nicely with a trench coat and jeans, or a pair of leggings and a comfy oversized sweater. The Ceder Western Booties are currently on sale for $69.99 with an additional 20% off over at Nine West.
So here it is–a round-up of my booties splurge! Have you recently purchased up a storm if a new type of piece for your wardrobe?
Happy January SALES shopping, y’all!
If you are intimidated by the notion of wearing an oversized cardi or sweater then “welcome to the club!” I am a huge fan of all things fitted–sheath dresses, pencil skirts, tailored shirts, blazers, jackets, you name it and I like it form-fitting!! Soooo… although the concept of an oversized cardi was intriguing I found myself feeling a bit apprehensive about “rocking” one.
The compromise? I decided that if I paired an oversized cardigan with fitted items underneath, the outfit would still look elegant while providing the comfort that comes with bulkier outerwear.
I have to admit I fell in love with this La Classe Couture Ladies’ Knit Cardigan I found in Costco of all places. It is not your typical cardigan–it has rounded bottom “edges”, an interesting shawl collar and my favorite–pockets! The tan color I selected paired up perfectly with the brindle Linnea Lucky Brand booties and oatmeal Stud Leather Panama Hat.
To keep the cardi at the center stage, I picked a cream INC sweater (mine is old, but I love this cold-shoulder option) and darker pair of Calvin Klein skinny jeans. My purse (similar Ralph Lauren here or here) matched the denim, so that it complemented the cardi without introducing too many colors.
So, don’t be scared to try something new and out of your comfort zone! What is the worse that could happen – you just won’t buy the item or can return it if you can’t style it with anything you feel good in as a whole outfit!
Happy Thursday, lovelies!
Hello lovely people,
In my prior post I gave you some gift ideas for the ladies in your life, but now lets honor the men. Here are my top 10 suggestions when it comes to the guys:
- New set of tools – if your man is of the handy type and enjoys projects around the house this one would make him happy!
2. The mock – these is something about a man rocking that collar!
3. The grey jeans – just like us, guys do love jeans and look great in those! I have to admit I am currently in love with grey denim and guys would probably “dig it” too
4. A motto Leather jacket for him – a man always looks stylish in leather.
- I have to admit Costco seems to surprise me with how great of an item you can find there for a price that is so reasonable. This Boston Harbour Men’s Leather Jacket is under $120 and looks so chic.
- Loving this Manx Leather Jacket from Lucky Brand as well, but it is a bit pricier at $409.99
5. A new phone – guys love gadgets, don’t they? Both the new iPhone 7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 are out, as well as the Google Pixel, so check with your mobile provider for further details.
6. Cologne – smelling good is always a plus!
7. Shoes – to round off his outfit with!
- Mason Chukka Boot by Lucky Brand is a way to get him into a pair of suede boots as well
- Aldo’s Croaven is a classic leather boot option that is super stylish
8. Baseball hat – most boys love those and could never have enough!
9. Watch – most men don’t accessorize as much as we do, but a watch is a classic!
10. A pair of aviators – I have a soft spot for those.
Hope I gave you some ideas and the men in your life would light up once they see your neat Christmas surprise!
Can you believe that Christmas is just a couple of weeks away? Santa is literally knocking on our doors!! Here is the first gift guide I have prepared for the ladies in your life. Enjoy!
Happy HOLIDAY shopping ladies and gents!
Hello Beautiful People!
Since it is the season to be jolly, I decided to show you a look that combines a few of my favorite fashion trends in a classy combo that is fit for a leisurely day during the holiday season.
You know when people say “Momma knows best?!” Mine used to dress me in grey and red quite a bit. Although I liked it, as a child I wanted more color excitement. Now I realize I must have been the cool kid on the block–this combo is quite stylish! I adore the monochromatic base grey lends itself to in order to sets up the red for its loud pop.
This season I am totally in love with ripped jeans. These grey beauties called my name as they were like nothing I had in my wardrobe. The color and wash are so unique and the bottom hem, or lack there of, looks like your friend’s puppy chewed it up, hehe! It all adds up to the a pair that is very much in a “charming distress”! Wonder where I found these cool jeans? ZARA for only $22.99!
Boots or Booties?!? This was a question I hardly ever asked myself as I have always been a huge lover of boots–high and OTK, and felt like booties make my legs look shorter. This fall I have stepped out of my comfort zone and stepped into some booties and I am enjoying “living on the edge” with these Lucky Brand Linnea pair. Those are both comfy and make me feel chic!
To keep the outfit in the grey zone, I added a cozy stripped GUESS sweater. It is knit from cotton, which makes it soft and cozy, with darker inserts on the side which add visual interest. Plus, who doesn’t like stripes?! For more on trend options try this lace up sweater or fun patches one.
And last but not least–the main act–this red leather jacket! Mine is a couple of years old, but I love the suede options out there now. This one is so chic and sure to steal the show!
To accessorize the look I chose a black Lucky Brand handbag (similar cool detail option here) and a pair of silver Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses (similar here).
Here is to a fashionable, but comfy holiday season!
Don’t you have days on which you want to feel stylish and yet are not willing to give up the comfort of your yoga pants and favorite tee? Monday trough Friday I am generally happy in a sheath dress, a pencil skirt paired with a preppy shirt, and pointy toe pumps or boots, but when the weekend rolls around CASUAL starts calling my name. This weekend was no exception, but as it was Thanksgiving I also wanted to look and feel well put together. The answer–a ruched sweater dress!! It is form fitting, yet flattering, AND, much like your sweats, made from a cotton blend material that feels soft and cozy against your skin. This heather gray piece is from last year, but EXPRESS has an even better designed version available in three colors now–I love the Cabernet 101. Added bonus, it is on SALE for just $35 and would be a great addition to any wardrobe.
To add a bit of a punch to the dress I picked a thick ARMANI belt (HELLO waist definition) (similar here and here), paired it with high suede black boots with a low heel from Nine West, and added a black studded bag from Banana Republic (similar here).
For the evening, when the mighty sun no longer provides us with some warmth, I decided to bring a leather jacket. Pictured below are two options: a black fitted one from DKNY (similar here) and a looser red option (similar here and here) which adds a bit of color to this otherwise neutral outfit. Which one do you like better?
I hope this post inspired the chic-comfort-seeker in you and that you will find a few similar articles to put together, so that you look stylish and feel cozy at the same time!
Happy new week, pretty people!
Do you have certain clothing and accessory obsessions that you like irrespective of what is going on in the fashion world today? Details that you appreciate in any piece, whether vintage, a few years old, or brand new?
Here are a few of my favorite details all incorporated in some current fashion trends and combined trough my OOTD today:
- Over-the-knee boots – what is not to love about this fashion trend? Seriously, those boots pair up so nicely with skinny jeans, a pair of leggings, cigarette pants, skirts, dresses… you name it and those have got you covered… Soooo, what are my favorite elements this OTK pair possesses? I have a soft spot for pointy toes and kitten heels. To me pointy toes add so much elegance to a look by elongating your legs and giving your walk some grace! And kitten heels… Not too high for your comfort level, not too low for a degree of sophistication. My OTK obsession pair is from Nine West and is currently a steal at 50% off with FREE shipping, so jump on the OTK train and ride in comfort and style.
- Denim Moto Jacket – this one combines quite a few fashion trends–it is made out of a ripped denim material and has the moto design that is so in when it comes to the leather world right now. What makes this jacked unique and adds some charm for me is the lace detail all along the collar. I am a sucker for lace, and such a touch of “girlieness” to this rather sporty design, captures my heart! Unfortunately, GUESS no longer offers this jacket, but if you like the concept of a denim moto this Lucky Brand one comes close, and GUESS has a few cool current options: blush beauty, a mixed-texture rebel version, and a mesh-insert moto all under $70!!!
- Messenger Bag – cross-bodies have been in for a few years now, but what makes this particular bag unique is the fact that you can wear it in a few different ways, two of which look like you have a completely different bag on–always an added bonus as us women like feeling like we are wearing something new and different. I fell in love with this bag when I got my hands on it–it’s made from the softest leather! Lucky Brand no longer offers these, as mine is a year old, but not to worry this chic cross-body and this saddle bag are both beautiful and on SALE for under $85!
- Cigarette Pants – a good pair of tapered pants is great for boots, heels, or flats, for a day in the office, a night out on town, or a busy day of running errands. I don’t have a particular detail I love about this particular pair, but I can tell you I have lived in these for the past three days (BUSTED!!) Banana Republic has a great selection that any woman can indulge in.
Have a very HaPpY THANKSGIVING, guys!!! Enjoy finding your favorite details in today’s trends and SUPER sales going on this weekend!