Hello ladies and gents!
Hope your three-days weekend was fantastic and marked the beginning of a fun and happy summer season!
I have to admit I am enjoying spring, however summer has always been my favorite season and in celebration of its arrival I am dedicating this post to the perfect outfit for a day under the sun.
What are the essentials a girl needs:
- a pretty sun dress – somehow dresses have this ability to make a girl feel pretty and want to twirl all around town… This one has me feeling exactly that way. The top is an embroidered eyelet bib with delicate straps and lots of vintage charm. The midi-length gives it a classy yet fun feel and the cotton fabric, as subtle as the design, is so light that you can barely feel it – just the right kind of material and style for a hot day. One thing to note is that the top part of the dress could be a bit tight. I purchased a size Small and it fits me well, however it may be a bit snug.
- a floppy hat – hats add so much character to a look! This wide brim, floppy beach hat is sure to also provide your face with great protection from the sun. I love its fringed edges and seaside vacation vibe!
- sunglasses – if you are like me and the sun really bugs your eyes, consider adding your favorite sunglasses – those would add some charm and protect out sight as well! 🙂
- a bag for your belongings – saddle bags have been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years – they are compact and can fit everything I need for a day. If you are heading to the beach pair this look with a cool beach tote (use code OOTDINSTYLE for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $50) and voila!
- some pretty jewellery to complete your look – this dress would look beautiful with both silver and gold jewels. I wanted my jewelry to be just as dainty as the dress, so I paired it up with a vintage rose necklace, gold earrings with some sparkle and a couple of gold rings (similar items here). I am very used to wearing a watch and owning a two-toned one has made it so easy to pair up with any other jewelry.
- a cute pair of shoes – which girl does not love heels?! This dress would look fab with some block-heel-lace-up sandals. For a day out and about, I love being able to roam around in comfort, so I opt out for flats during the day and leave heels for an evening/night out!
I want to THANK the sweet, talented, and professional Arianna Sharfman of Arianna Sharfman Photography for the beautiful images and the great conversation and ease she made me feel during our photoshoot. Check out her work – she is so incredibly friendly and a pleasure to work with!
Happy almost-summer, lovelies!!
Photo Credit: Ariana Sharfman
Ladies and Gents, hello!
Tick-tack, tick-tack, time is flying and spring is fast-approaching! Warmer weather is around the corner, the days are getting longer and enticing to outdoor activities and the anticipation for summer does not seem like a distant dream anymore!
I am so excited to share this post with you as YOU–the reader–get a chance to win a spectacular $100 towards the purchase of a JORD watch of your choice—the perfect accessory to your spring wardrobe! One lucky winner will receive the BIG prize, but everyone will be given $25 off their purchase for just entering the contest! All you need is your name and e-mail address and voila—your credit will be waiting for you once the contest is over on March 5th, 2017 (click HERE to enter).
I recently came back from a vacation to the tropical paradise called St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands where I did not have to keep track of time. It was one of those vacations on which you get to do a lot of fun stuff and yet, don’t have to rush for anything or anywhere. Now, I am back to reality, but had such a nice surprise waiting for me when I returned—Frankie had arrived–my sandalwood and smoke trendy JORD watch! And it sure has kept me on track for the past week! I am so in love with this timepiece-it is unique, attracts attention, and works like a Swiss watch—oh wait, it is a Swiss movement watch!! I have enjoyed accessorizing my spring-like outfits with it as it helps make a statement, in a quiet, but beautiful manner!
Here are some of my favorite Frankie features:
- Its natural dark sandalwood band and smoke face ooze a minimalist charm;
- Its rose gold number details add a feminine touch;
- Frankie has a deployment buckle with push buttons for ease of placing it on your wrist;
- The sapphire crystal glass allows the watch to sparkle;
- Frankie is not just beautiful inside, but also perfect inside as it is powered by a Swiss movement—and we all know the Swiss are kings when it comes to watch-making!
- The band is adjustable and will be made to fit your wrist upon request;
- You can engrave (costs additionally) the back of this watch to personalize it–what a great present idea;
- The box it arrived in is beautiful and could also be engraved (costs additionally);
- It is perfect for both men and women! My dad totally wanted to steal it from me, hehe! And now I know what I am getting him for Father’s day!
Here is how you can find your perfect wood watch:
Watch Gift Ideas
Men’s shop : https://www.woodwatches.com/shop/men/#ootdinstyle
Women’s shop : https://www.woodwatches.com/shop/women/#ootdinstyle
Contest for you to enter and receive $100 or $25 off your purchase: https://www.woodwatches.com/g/ootdinstyle
Wishing you all GOOD LUCK for the contest and cannot wait to see which timepiece you choose!