Hello, beautiful people!
So what are two of my favorite things? Mid-week and mid-August? Hehe! Almost, although this time I will be talking about LACE and EMBROIDERY details. This week’s outfit has both and is a casual look I know I will be sporting from now till there are warm Fall days to enjoy.
Let’s dice this look into its comprising pieces:
- Jenny Surplice Blouse – this is one of my newest summer-to-fall additions. This blouse is so boho chic and “had me at its sleeves!” The lace detailing and the bell shape spoke to me from the moment I say this blouse on Stay Warm in Style’s page. I find the light mauve color so feminine and trendy, at the same time, as it has a “washed off” flair. The third favorite feature is the V-neckline with cross string detailing–adds to the “happening now” vibe of the blouse.
- Sienna Slim Boyfriend Jean – what is there not to love about these jeans? They are ripped, embroidered, comfy, have an aged, broken-in feel and pair up perfectly with the Jenny Blouse. Not only do they both ooze a boho vibe as one of the embroidered flower’s color is the perfect match with the top’s color.
- Floppy Hat – these are such a great accessory for Fall. A hat can add so much edge to an outfit and I feel like this one competes the look. It features a braided leather band with beaded tassel trim and a five-inch brim.
- A pair of sandstone heels and bag to match, and VOILA! The look is complete and ready for cooler summer evenings, fall days, or even some warm LA winter ones!
Top – Stay Warm in Style
Jeans – Lucky Brand
Hat – Lucky Brand
Heels – old Banana Republic (similar Sam Edelman pair here)
Bag – old BEBE (similar Rebecca Minkoff option here)
Sunglasses – Calvin Klein
Earrings – Lucky Brand
What has been you favorite casual look lately?
I hope your had an enjoyable break from work and a fun and exciting time with your friends and family this weekend! Ours sure felt like summer has come with temperatures in the 90s and clear, sunny skies!
This amazing weather enticed me to show off my new favorite article from Cuddy Studios – meet the Jill Romper in Trivet Print!
It is so vibrant and screams summer! I was stopped on the street several times and complemented on how great my outfit looks. The print is so unique and it offers a combination of colors that awaken the eye, give you a warm fuzzy feeling, and let you have an infinite number of choices when it comes to picking your accessories. I decided to pair my Jill romper with a white bag (similar here), watermelon heels (similar here), and blue-frame aviators (similar here). But I also debated picking a navy bag, pink peep-toes and white-frame glasses – you can play off any of the colors this pretty print incorporates.
There are four distinction features that I love about this romper:
1) Its bold and beautiful print and crisp, saturated colors – for all the reasons stated above;
2) The fact that it has pockets – I just love being able to put my hands in those;
3) The draw string at the waist for additional figure definition and a sophisticated silhouette;
4) It is lined on the bottom for extra comfort and no see-trough action;
5) Oh, and also, it is a single piece, so no scratch my head as to how to make an outfit!
Have you ventured into some bright and bold geometric prints for the spring and summer seasons? If you like those or are curious what is out there be sure to check out Cuddy Studios! They have some amazing items inspired by the abstract geometric art of the sixties and seventies, paired with a classy cut making for a sophisticated clothing line! They are a small, but growing, brand out of Seattle currently sold in over 85 boutiques nationwide, so grab a piece of Cuddy Studios uniqueness and enjoy! Cuddy Studios is currently having a 50% off sale! Please enter the code: SHOP50 upon checkout.