I have missed you all. Please, excuse my absence, life has been pretty fast-pace lately. Exciting new changes that I would perhaps share next time as this post is all about WHITE!
As summer is surely approaching we are all pulling out our favorite white articles of clothing, be it jeans, tops, skirts, shots, dresses–it is the season to be in white! If you love what you have, but are looking to expand your while repertoire then I have the dress for you. Just could not pass up this beautiful, cotton, fit and flare beauty from SHEIN. It is feminine and flirty, soft and airy, with an eye-catching cut out fabric, accentuating the waist and pretty stand collar. I am wearing a size small and am happy with the fit.
This dress pairs beautifully with any color accessories–blue (for a Santorini feel), blush, cream, red, even black (for a Parisian look), but there is something about white on white that spells “vacation, beach, warm nights, fresh breeze” and embodies all things SUMMER. Given that I crave that feeling, I paired the Ruffle Cuff Guipure Lace Overlay Dress, with white pumps and a white clutch.
Have you purchased any summer items lately? Check out SHEIN’s white dress collection and make your pick!
Till next time lovelies. Love always,
We still have till September 22nd to enjoy summer and I found the perfect dress to celebrate these last few days of my favorite season in. And “YES!” those who have followed me a while probably guessed right–it is WHITE and EYELET, cause you know I have a crush on anything white or creme, that is lace, crochet or eyelet!
This Snow White by Metisu can do it all. She can be your sporty girl partner when paired with a pair of sneakers, a leather duffel bag, and some aviatiors, or your classy evening attire when worn with heels and a clutch.
Why did I set on this dress as my final summer wardrobe addition for this season?
- It is made of cotton, so it provides a natural and comfortable feel and a look that could be either casual or dressy.
- Midi dresses can be worn on so many occasions.
- The eyelet pattern is unique.
- The solid patches around and on the side of your waist are very strategically placed to give your figure a nice shape.
I added a bit of sparkle to the look with there gorgeous Henley drop stud earrings by Blush & Bar.
MERISU is hands down my favorite shop for dresses. Have you checked them out yet?
Sneakers: Levis (similar here)
Heels: Calvin Klein (similar here)
Blue Bag: Italian find (similar here)
Cream Clutch: Banana Republic (similar here)
Black Sunglasses: METISU
Avaiator Sunglasses: Guess (similar here)
Earrings: Blush & Bar
Do I hear wedding bells? Yes, with summer comes wedding season and beautiful white dresses that we all want to wear all day, every day… But is it against the rules to be a wedding guest and wear a white dress? After all white and ivory are reserved for the bride and it is her day to shine. If you know the bride is more traditional I would recommend that you opt out of white and choose a pretty dress in a different color – blush is beautiful and still going strong this season, yellow is always cheerful and another great color for a summer day wedding, and mint green is soft and sophisticated – just to list a few.
However, if you know your bride is not one to care for the rules and has chosen a more contemporary approach to her wedding, then perhaps you can step into your white dress and enjoy her special day! Here are a few rules to help you make the right choice:
- Would the bride be in white or ivory?
- Do you know the bride well enough to ask her what she thinks of you white dress?
- Does your white dress look like something you would wear to your wedding shower?
- Is your dress made from lace, tulle, or any other fabric that resembles a wedding gown?
- Is your dress floor-length?
If you answer to questions 1, 3, 4, and 5 was “YES”, then think twice. If your answer to 2 was “YES”, then take a photo of your dress and share it with the bride.
Should you have decided to be wear white, the White Hollow Out Flounce Hem Midi Dress by Metisu is pure PERFECTION!! Why do I think so:
- The crew neckline keeps it classy as you are not showing any cleavage.
- The see-trough elements add just enough visual interest without being inappropriate at all.
- The midi length is stylish yet classy.
- The flounce hem is very feminine and romantic.
- The line of the dress is so elegant and sophisticated.
- This dress does not need jewelry – it speaks for itself. All you can add are some pearl earrings and a ring.
- The lace is not floral in pattern and hence does not resemble a bridal dress lace fabric.
- It pairs up perfectly with any bag – depending on the occasion! I chose this Sam Edelman navy and grey clutch with a silver chain as the rest of my jewels were silver.
- It is easy to put together with any heels! I chose a pair of BCBG peep toes in a navy, green, grey and white print, one I believe a bride would not wear with her wedding dress (in an effort not to look bridal.) This pair also matched up the clutch rounding off my accessories nicely.
Shoes: BCBG (another perfect pair here)
Clutch: Sam Edelman
Round Sunglasses: Polaroid
Watch: Raymond Weil
Earrings and Ring: Sundance
Have you even worn white to a wedding? What are you favorite wedding looks? What do you think of this dress? Drop me a line to let me know and have a wonderful week!
Happy May! I am so excited to share this post with you!! This week I am introducing you to Hanna and Simone–both extremely pretty and a perfect “partner in crime” for this season as well as summer!
Those of you who have followed me for a while know that I am a total fan of lace. I also adore white, so a pretty white lace dress makes this woman very happy! Cuddy Studios made two such dresses that caught my eye, namely Hannah and Simone (I even love the names and had considered one of them when it was time to name my little princess)!
Hannah is a tank dress made out of a white floral lace fabric. It’s wide neckline and scooped back make it perfect for hot spring and even hotter summer days! The back has the cutest adjustable, delicate tie detail, which adds more visual interest and a fun twist. I also like the cut of this dress – you can add a belt to it for waist definition or just let it flow for a 60’s free spirit feel. I wore this dress with both heels and flats and enjoyed the more casual or a bit dressier option those added to the outfit.
Simone attracted me with its white holographic-feel, laser-cut diamond fabric and flattering A-line silhouette. It’s bell sleeves add a boho chic flavor to this classy dress! Just like the Hannah, Simone can be worn to a casual weekend brunch or paired with heels for a date night or a night out with the girls. I wore it with a skinny watermelon belt, watermelon heel and bag which complemented the dress and added a pop to the outfit.
If you love a little white dress and desire to satisfy your craving for a new one, be sure to check out Cuddy Studios! They have some amazing items inspired by the abstract geometric art of the sixties and seventies, paired with a classy cut for a sophisticated clothing line! Cuddy Studios are a small brand out of Seattle currently sold in over 85 boutiques nationwide, so grab a piece of their uniqueness and enjoy a 50% off with promo code: SHOP50 entered upon checkout.
And don’t forget to show me what you picked out–would love to see a Cuddy Studio piece on you! 🙂