I like being cozy any season, but there is something extra cozy that I look for in winter clothing–I desire that softness which keeps me warm, comfy and if it looks cute then, hey, I have a winner!! That is exactly how I feel about SHEIN’s High Neck Drawstring Waist Heather Knit Dress. The middy length and turtle neck provide essential coverage to keep you away from the frost biting ability of this season’s weather. The draw string waist adds definition to the smallest area of your body and the ruffled bottom adds femininity and character to this cozy piece. The burgundy color pulls you away from being stuck in the winter blacks (so guilty of that!!) and the pretty silhouette makes this dress perfect for a day in the office or a Sunday brunch with friends. Once I put the High Neck Drawstring Waist Heather Knit Dress on I didn’t really want to take it off–the cotton-polyester fabric is so soft that it feels like you are wearing your favorite joggers and top.
Have you peaked at what is new on the SHEIN website?! Has anything caught your eye? If so, dont forget to use coupon code Q1ootdinstyle15 for extra 15% off any purchase, valid now trough March 31th.
Drop me a line and let me know what is your favorite winter attire.
Love Always, ❤
OOTD in Style
Hope you have has wonderful couple of weeks! My job has been keeping me hostage way over regular business hours–sometimes you just have to get over the hurdles and push trough the busy times.
Now to the star of this post–I am so super excited to introduce Bolzano Handbags to you! They make beautiful and elegant purses and leather accessories that are sure to put a smile of every girl’s face. I am amazed by the meticulous details that show how much Bolzano cares about the exceptional quality of their products.
Bolzano just launched their Handbag Club monthly subscription service which allows you to receive a new bag, valued up to $150, for only $45 per month–such a great treat. And guess what–it will ship free (withing the U.S.) and of course is yours to keep!! Use code OOTDINSTYLE and you will receive free gift valued at $45!
So how does it all work?
- Visit the web site and select a plan that speaks to you. The larger amount you are willing to pay up-front, the cheaper the monthly subscription–goes down to $35 if you pay for a full year!
- If you choose the $45/month plan, your card will be charged $45 + tax. Your next charge will occur on the 10th of each month and your bag will arrive around the 15th. What a great gift to treat yourself or someone you love to?!
- In order for Bolzano’s amazing team of stylists to pick the bag which will make you happiest they will send you a style questionnaire. They love to surprise you with unexpected perks!
- Your bag would ship within 24 hours of purchase and you can cancel at any time–no questions asked.
- Hurry and check out Bolzano Handbags, even if you do not want to subscribe–they have beautiful pieces you have purchase.
What beautify did I receive?
My surprise arm candy is the Alisse Large Tote. And boy do I love her?!? She arrived in a beautiful packaging with a personalized note. The expert totally nailed my style! She is elegant, sophisticated, roomy, versatile and did I mention practical! What more can a girl want?! OK, yes, I forgot–color! This beautiful shade of brandy is so chic and would partner perfectly with a sheath dress for work or blue denim on a casual day out. The leather is so soft and detailed to perfection with the metallic accents. As a mama on the go, I always appreciate having a top zipper closure and short and long straps to utilize according to the occasion. Running after little feet and worrying about your bag is no fun, however this bag gives you the long strap so you can enjoy a hands-free option when you need it.
Bottom line: I am a happy camper with a beautiful handbag at hand and you can have yours for only $45/month too!
Hope this week has been treating you well! It seems like summer has arrived in LA and I could not be happier that we are getting 80 degree temperatures–I am such a sucker for the SUN!
Of course, this weather requites spring attire and for this week’s posts (Monday’s is here) I have partnered with a contemporary boutique for women’s clothing, headquartered right here in Los Angeles–Gozon.com!
First meet the Serenity Velvet Midi Dress… She is a show-stopper that drew me in with that unique velvet texture in mauve color. Her silhouette is simple, yet commands attention every time you take a look! The ruffled sleeves add to the feminine charm of this piece without overpowering it. It has just the right dose of proper and sexy to make any woman feel beautiful! The Serenity Velvet Midi also comes in grey and looks just as gorgeous in it. I decided on the mauve as it caught my eye and sang a spring song in my ear! 🙂 If you are just as in love with this dress as I am you can use code “MARIETA15” to receive 15% off your purchase from Gozon boutique!
Dress (sponsored, use code “MARIETA15” for 15% off) | Bag| Boots | Sunglasses (used code “LauraZF” for 10% off)|Belt
Second, for all of you boho souls out there, the Floral and Lace Bell Sleeve Top is pure spring perfection! There are so many details to entertain the eye here, the off -the-shoulder cut, the oversized bell sleeves, beautifully combining delicate crochet, lace and floral embroidery detailing. This top feels so breezy and will keep you cool on a warm day, but would also work with a cami underneath if you need an additional layer. To complete the free-spirit look of the boho top I combined it with wide legged jeans, but it also works perfectly with my skinny ones, and I can imagine it pairing up beautifully with a peasant skirt or ripped denim shorts. Check it out, it also comes in black.
Bell Sleeve Top (sponsored, use code “MARIETA15” for 15% off) | Jeans |Pumps | Sunglasses | Bag
Have you signed up for Gozon boutique’s e-mail newsletter yet? Do so and be the first to receive deals, exclusive coupon codes, and new arrival previews of the latest in women’s trendy clothing.
Hope your week has been going well. Mine is a tad bit crazy at work–longer hours, so this girl is feeling a slightly tired. However, I did not want to miss the opportunity to share with you my latest cute find – the SHEIN Fringe Detail Tweed Overall Dress!
Tweed is a great fabric for winter, however this dress is so light that is would definitely make appearance in my spring outfits. I would wear it even during the summer, but I have to admit that it is a bit too short for me to feel comfortable wearing this cutie unless I am layering it over some leggings. I gravitated to this unique number, because it has the funnest black and white print that could pretty much fit anything and everything in your wardrobe. It looks amazing with a black top, but would also pear beautifully with a red or yellow one, even some black and white stripes would go hand in hand with this overall dress. I was also drawn to this tweed dress by its fringe details, which appear not just at the bottom and top hem, but also around the waist and pockets. Another charm of the dress is that you can wear the front in the back as vise versa–it makes sense in either direction! 😀 Oh, and did I mention it is under $15?!?
Dress (Sponsored)| Booties | Leggings | Top | Sunglasses | Earrings | Bag
Have you jumped on the tween band wagon this winter? What tweed items have caught your eye?
Have a great weekend everyone!
You know the traditional English dishware Chinoiserie print combining white and vintage blue? I own at least three different sets of porcelain dishes with it… Being such a fan, I could not help but falling in love with this porcelain print pencil dress by ROMWE.
Of course, it first caught my eye with it’s beautiful print and color combination. I then took a closer look and noted two other attributes of the dress that speak my language: 1) the midi length and 2) the bodycon shape. It is elegant and sexy while still being very classy. The 1/2 sleeves make it a perfect fall contender. I was hoping to be able to wear it with a denim or a white blazer to show you how beautifully the two combine, but it was 100F the day we were shooting… CRAZY LA weather! 😉 I chose to style this dress with red pumps and a blue Chanel bag, but could see how you can flip that and wear blue or white shoes and a red or white bag. I love the combo of white, blue and red, and not just for the fourth of July, hehe!
A couple of details on this beautiful dress:
- It is under $15!!!
- I am wearing a size Small (my usual) and it fits me quite well.
- I recommend wearing it with beige or light grey undies, because somehow if you wear white (my first inclination), it will show.
- Have you checked it out yet?! 😉
Outfit Details: Dress | Pumps | Bag | Sunglasses | Earrings | Watch | Necklace
Have you purchased anything run from ROMWE recently? If not, check them out!
Till next time lovelies!
Has has your week been thus far? Mine has been a bit nutty… Let’s just say, I am looking forward to the weekend, hehe! 🙂
I was not planning on writing a post today, but putting on this gingham midi dress (VIP.com) in the morning really inspired me. So what is a girl to do but grab her mom away from babysitting duties and ask her to jump into her photographer shoes!
As I was going trough my closet I needed to find something that would work for a day in the office and would transition well to a dinner with a friend I am meeting after. And there is was–my vintage charmer! Why do I say VINTAGE? The dress is brand new but gives me a very 20’s-50’s feel–the shape, the length, the print.
- The Shape – As a matter of fact the term A-line was first introduced by Christian Dior as the label for his spring 1955 collection. The silhouette, as we know it today, was popularized by Yves Saint Laurent three years later. In his spring 1958 line, he showed off dresses which flared out vividly from a fitted shoulder line.
- The Print – Gingham as a checkered pattern originated from the mills of Manchester, England where fabric was woven in a plaid pattern sometime during the 18th sentry.
- The Length – The midi first came on the scene in the 1920’s after WWI was over and before the Great Depression hit. The economy was doing well, the world was out dancing, and ladies replaced their modest Victorian floor-length garments with midi dresses and skirts.
Enough history for now… A bit more of what I like about this dress… The panel detail brings a lot of visual interest, and so does the delicate ruffle around the solid sweetheart portion of the neckline, which continues up into a mesh section around the shoulders and neck. The mesh detailing is also repeated around the high waistline, which creates a nice bodes-like top. The pleats under the waist line add volume and make me want to twirl all day long… I can go on and on…
Do you have a vintage-like piece that inspired you? Oh and before I forget: to receive $5 OFF your VIP.com orders over $50, please use code code “Marieta756” at https://us.vip.com/.
Sandals: Lucky Brand
Bag: Dolce Vita (similar here)
Glasses: Calvin Klein
How was your 4th of July weekend? Tons of fun I hope! We did a couple of trips and I have to admit–it was fantastic having four days to spend with my favorite people! 🙂
Now, let’s get back to business–that of baking rules of wedding etiquette (hehe!) as I sure am introducing you to some unconventionally beautiful guest attire AND this time it is one for an evening celebration. Irrespective of when or where a wedding was to be held white or black used to be on the “NO! NO!” list when it came to female guest attire. White was strictly for the bride and black–well, black was to be left for the not-so-joyous occasions… However, nowadays black is completely acceptable–it is such a versatile color as it pairs up perfectly with any accessories and tends to be flattering on almost everyone.
I find this fit and flare METISU dress (as well as this one – available in all sizes! Mine is only available in XL at the moment.) to be the perfect piece for an evening wedding – it is very glamorous, yet proper, with a hint of fun and a pop of color. It comes with this pretty red and gold belt, which ties in perfectly with the gold front buttons of the dress and inspired my accessory selection–a pair of red suede BCBG peep toes (currently not available, but the linked pair is a perfect match for the dress), a red Michael Kors round-top wallet, and dainty gold jewelry.
A few of the dress details I love:
- The length of this dress – the lace hits me right below the knee, but if you are a bit shorter it would be tea-length, mid-calf, which is very classy as well.
- The swing silhouette – makes me want to twirl and dance the night away.
- The hollow out lace design – it is so strategically placed to show off the beauty of the lace fabric, while keeping the dress tasteful!
- The half sleeves – perfect for the evening and the lace detail on those show gorgeously and tie in with the bottom of the dress.
- The button down front – you can button up the dress and display its beautiful top pearl button and stand collar, or you can button it down and pair it up with some pretty gold jewelry!
If you have a special event to go to, check out the wide selection of METISU dresses – you are sure to find one that suits your style and occasion! METISU also has a fantastic customer appreciation SALE going on right now–50% OFF, so hurry in! Let me know when you find your perfect match – I’d love to see what you have picked!
Do I hear wedding bells? Yes, with summer comes wedding season and beautiful white dresses that we all want to wear all day, every day… But is it against the rules to be a wedding guest and wear a white dress? After all white and ivory are reserved for the bride and it is her day to shine. If you know the bride is more traditional I would recommend that you opt out of white and choose a pretty dress in a different color – blush is beautiful and still going strong this season, yellow is always cheerful and another great color for a summer day wedding, and mint green is soft and sophisticated – just to list a few.
However, if you know your bride is not one to care for the rules and has chosen a more contemporary approach to her wedding, then perhaps you can step into your white dress and enjoy her special day! Here are a few rules to help you make the right choice:
- Would the bride be in white or ivory?
- Do you know the bride well enough to ask her what she thinks of you white dress?
- Does your white dress look like something you would wear to your wedding shower?
- Is your dress made from lace, tulle, or any other fabric that resembles a wedding gown?
- Is your dress floor-length?
If you answer to questions 1, 3, 4, and 5 was “YES”, then think twice. If your answer to 2 was “YES”, then take a photo of your dress and share it with the bride.
Should you have decided to be wear white, the White Hollow Out Flounce Hem Midi Dress by Metisu is pure PERFECTION!! Why do I think so:
- The crew neckline keeps it classy as you are not showing any cleavage.
- The see-trough elements add just enough visual interest without being inappropriate at all.
- The midi length is stylish yet classy.
- The flounce hem is very feminine and romantic.
- The line of the dress is so elegant and sophisticated.
- This dress does not need jewelry – it speaks for itself. All you can add are some pearl earrings and a ring.
- The lace is not floral in pattern and hence does not resemble a bridal dress lace fabric.
- It pairs up perfectly with any bag – depending on the occasion! I chose this Sam Edelman navy and grey clutch with a silver chain as the rest of my jewels were silver.
- It is easy to put together with any heels! I chose a pair of BCBG peep toes in a navy, green, grey and white print, one I believe a bride would not wear with her wedding dress (in an effort not to look bridal.) This pair also matched up the clutch rounding off my accessories nicely.
Shoes: BCBG (another perfect pair here)
Clutch: Sam Edelman
Round Sunglasses: Polaroid
Watch: Raymond Weil
Earrings and Ring: Sundance
Have you even worn white to a wedding? What are you favorite wedding looks? What do you think of this dress? Drop me a line to let me know and have a wonderful week!
Please excuse my amateurish way as this is my first blog post EVER!!
I am so excited to embark on this fashion journey with you! Let’s do so on the right foot with a bite of caramel (that panama hat by Lucky Brand), a dash of cognac (saddle bag by Lucky Brand as well), some florals (off-the-shoulder H&M top), and of course a pair of skinny jeans (CK is my favorite denim designer) and Banana Republic dusty rose pumps. Fall is one of my favorite season as the weather lends itself to wearing hats without feeling like your head is on fire… Yet on some days off-the-shoulder blouses are still appropriate AND jeans are so in! This look is easy to wear as it is comfortable and stylish, a combo that would make any woman feel chic and confident. So let’s jump into this season of warm colors and cozy materials with our heads up and our smiles shining! 🙂