Do you like Salsa dancing? I am a huge FAN and cannot wait to learn more steps and perhaps one day spin on the dance floor like those beautiful professionals can (yeah, a girl can dream, right?!?)
Well, when I saw the SHEIN Ruffle Cold Shoulder Layered Hem Dress, SALSA emerged in my head right away… It is sexy, yet not over-the-top, lets me feel like I am on fire in the coolest way possible, and makes me want to dance!! So let’s break this down:
“Sexy, yet not over-the-top”: The dress hugs your curves and has a cold-shoulder element, but is knee length allowing you to feel sexy without exposing too much leg or cleavage.
“On fire in the coolest way possible”: The burgundy red color and the sheath nature of the dress make you feel like an explosive powerhouse, yet one composed, beautiful and in control. 🙂
“Makes me want to dance”: The ruffles around the hem and the shoulder detail add so much movement to the dress–it is like it was created to lead you to the dance floor!
Do you like the SHEIN Ruffle Cold Shoulder Layered Hem Dress!? Does she make YOU want to dance? Let me know in the comments below. USE CODE “ootdi20” FOR 20% OFF your Shein USA order.
Do I hear wedding bells? Yes, with summer comes wedding season and beautiful white dresses that we all want to wear all day, every day… But is it against the rules to be a wedding guest and wear a white dress? After all white and ivory are reserved for the bride and it is her day to shine. If you know the bride is more traditional I would recommend that you opt out of white and choose a pretty dress in a different color – blush is beautiful and still going strong this season, yellow is always cheerful and another great color for a summer day wedding, and mint green is soft and sophisticated – just to list a few.
However, if you know your bride is not one to care for the rules and has chosen a more contemporary approach to her wedding, then perhaps you can step into your white dress and enjoy her special day! Here are a few rules to help you make the right choice:
- Would the bride be in white or ivory?
- Do you know the bride well enough to ask her what she thinks of you white dress?
- Does your white dress look like something you would wear to your wedding shower?
- Is your dress made from lace, tulle, or any other fabric that resembles a wedding gown?
- Is your dress floor-length?
If you answer to questions 1, 3, 4, and 5 was “YES”, then think twice. If your answer to 2 was “YES”, then take a photo of your dress and share it with the bride.
Should you have decided to be wear white, the White Hollow Out Flounce Hem Midi Dress by Metisu is pure PERFECTION!! Why do I think so:
- The crew neckline keeps it classy as you are not showing any cleavage.
- The see-trough elements add just enough visual interest without being inappropriate at all.
- The midi length is stylish yet classy.
- The flounce hem is very feminine and romantic.
- The line of the dress is so elegant and sophisticated.
- This dress does not need jewelry – it speaks for itself. All you can add are some pearl earrings and a ring.
- The lace is not floral in pattern and hence does not resemble a bridal dress lace fabric.
- It pairs up perfectly with any bag – depending on the occasion! I chose this Sam Edelman navy and grey clutch with a silver chain as the rest of my jewels were silver.
- It is easy to put together with any heels! I chose a pair of BCBG peep toes in a navy, green, grey and white print, one I believe a bride would not wear with her wedding dress (in an effort not to look bridal.) This pair also matched up the clutch rounding off my accessories nicely.
Shoes: BCBG (another perfect pair here)
Clutch: Sam Edelman
Round Sunglasses: Polaroid
Watch: Raymond Weil
Earrings and Ring: Sundance
Have you even worn white to a wedding? What are you favorite wedding looks? What do you think of this dress? Drop me a line to let me know and have a wonderful week!