Do I hear wedding bells? Yes, with summer comes wedding season and beautiful white dresses that we all want to wear all day, every day… But is it against the rules to be a wedding guest and wear a white dress? After all white and ivory are reserved for the bride and it is her day to shine. If you know the bride is more traditional I would recommend that you opt out of white and choose a pretty dress in a different color – blush is beautiful and still going strong this season, yellow is always cheerful and another great color for a summer day wedding, and mint green is soft and sophisticated – just to list a few.
However, if you know your bride is not one to care for the rules and has chosen a more contemporary approach to her wedding, then perhaps you can step into your white dress and enjoy her special day! Here are a few rules to help you make the right choice:
- Would the bride be in white or ivory?
- Do you know the bride well enough to ask her what she thinks of you white dress?
- Does your white dress look like something you would wear to your wedding shower?
- Is your dress made from lace, tulle, or any other fabric that resembles a wedding gown?
- Is your dress floor-length?
If you answer to questions 1, 3, 4, and 5 was “YES”, then think twice. If your answer to 2 was “YES”, then take a photo of your dress and share it with the bride.
Should you have decided to be wear white, the White Hollow Out Flounce Hem Midi Dress by Metisu is pure PERFECTION!! Why do I think so:
- The crew neckline keeps it classy as you are not showing any cleavage.
- The see-trough elements add just enough visual interest without being inappropriate at all.
- The midi length is stylish yet classy.
- The flounce hem is very feminine and romantic.
- The line of the dress is so elegant and sophisticated.
- This dress does not need jewelry – it speaks for itself. All you can add are some pearl earrings and a ring.
- The lace is not floral in pattern and hence does not resemble a bridal dress lace fabric.
- It pairs up perfectly with any bag – depending on the occasion! I chose this Sam Edelman navy and grey clutch with a silver chain as the rest of my jewels were silver.
- It is easy to put together with any heels! I chose a pair of BCBG peep toes in a navy, green, grey and white print, one I believe a bride would not wear with her wedding dress (in an effort not to look bridal.) This pair also matched up the clutch rounding off my accessories nicely.
Shoes: BCBG (another perfect pair here)
Clutch: Sam Edelman
Round Sunglasses: Polaroid
Watch: Raymond Weil
Earrings and Ring: Sundance
Have you even worn white to a wedding? What are you favorite wedding looks? What do you think of this dress? Drop me a line to let me know and have a wonderful week!
I just came back from a lovely Southern European vacation during which we visited Barcelona, Monaco, Cinque Terre, Rome, Corsica, and Palma de Mallorca. It is good to be home, but I already miss the excitement of exploring new places, discovering beautiful historical sights, enjoying the breathtaking views of homes nestled in the heels above the turquoise waters of the sea, meeting new cultures and people, and munching on Mediterranean delicacies – yummmmmm-nommm-nommmm!
The weather in Southern Europe this time of the year happened to be above 90F every single day, so wearing light clothing was the way to go, because who wants to walk around a gorgeous new spot drenched in sweat and feeling hot while there is so much to see and enjoy?! Not me–and I am one who likes the heat!
A favorite pieces of clothing for this vacation was the Peach Passion Tatum Cut Out Romper
from All For Color
! I spent an entire day in Palma de Mallorca in this cool romper. When I say “cool” I mean in both in the way it looks and how it made me feel temperature-wise. It sure kept me comfortable and feeling stylish while sightseeing from the top floor of a hop-on-hop-off bus (and whoever has taken those knows you can bake on one!!), visiting the Bellever Castle at noon (while the SUN sent all of its hot love our way <3), and enjoying a well-deserved espresso with some ice-cream by the beach in the later afternoon.
What do I love about this romper?
- The colorful print and fresh color palette attract the eye, while allowing you to combine the romper with accessories in orange, pink, blue or any of the neutral colors – beige, white, cream. I chose to pair it up with blue flats and a beige handbag.
- The cut-out shoulder design is right on trend letting you embrace the cold shoulder look.
- The elastic waistline gives your figure a boost by giving your middle section definition.
- The woven rayon material is so light and breathable – feels like you are wearing a feather which allows the breeze to come trough and keep you cool – perfect for a day in the sun.
- It is very lightweight and does not take any space in you luggage, which is great when you are trying to minimize the amount of stuff to haul during a long trip.
- Bonus – it does not wrinkle easily!
Don’t forget to check out All For Color
as they offer so many great articles of clothing perfect for summer – rompers, dresses, tops, bottoms, cover ups, pajamas, even scarfs and shawls – you are sure to find something to catch your eye and enhance your style! For 20% off orders over $50 plus free shipping
use code: “OOTDINSTYLE
Where would you be vacationing this summer? Drop me a line to let me know and have fun shopping for your vacation and expiring the world!
Hello ladies and gents!
Hope your three-days weekend was fantastic and marked the beginning of a fun and happy summer season!
I have to admit I am enjoying spring, however summer has always been my favorite season and in celebration of its arrival I am dedicating this post to the perfect outfit for a day under the sun.
What are the essentials a girl needs:
- a pretty sun dress – somehow dresses have this ability to make a girl feel pretty and want to twirl all around town… This one has me feeling exactly that way. The top is an embroidered eyelet bib with delicate straps and lots of vintage charm. The midi-length gives it a classy yet fun feel and the cotton fabric, as subtle as the design, is so light that you can barely feel it – just the right kind of material and style for a hot day. One thing to note is that the top part of the dress could be a bit tight. I purchased a size Small and it fits me well, however it may be a bit snug.
- a floppy hat – hats add so much character to a look! This wide brim, floppy beach hat is sure to also provide your face with great protection from the sun. I love its fringed edges and seaside vacation vibe!
- sunglasses – if you are like me and the sun really bugs your eyes, consider adding your favorite sunglasses – those would add some charm and protect out sight as well! 🙂
- a bag for your belongings – saddle bags have been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years – they are compact and can fit everything I need for a day. If you are heading to the beach pair this look with a cool beach tote (use code OOTDINSTYLE for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $50) and voila!
- some pretty jewellery to complete your look – this dress would look beautiful with both silver and gold jewels. I wanted my jewelry to be just as dainty as the dress, so I paired it up with a vintage rose necklace, gold earrings with some sparkle and a couple of gold rings (similar items here). I am very used to wearing a watch and owning a two-toned one has made it so easy to pair up with any other jewelry.
- a cute pair of shoes – which girl does not love heels?! This dress would look fab with some block-heel-lace-up sandals. For a day out and about, I love being able to roam around in comfort, so I opt out for flats during the day and leave heels for an evening/night out!
I want to THANK the sweet, talented, and professional Arianna Sharfman of Arianna Sharfman Photography for the beautiful images and the great conversation and ease she made me feel during our photoshoot. Check out her work – she is so incredibly friendly and a pleasure to work with!
Happy almost-summer, lovelies!!
Photo Credit: Ariana Sharfman