We still have till September 22nd to enjoy summer and I found the perfect dress to celebrate these last few days of my favorite season in. And “YES!” those who have followed me a while probably guessed right–it is WHITE and EYELET, cause you know I have a crush on anything white or creme, that is lace, crochet or eyelet!
This Snow White by Metisu can do it all. She can be your sporty girl partner when paired with a pair of sneakers, a leather duffel bag, and some aviatiors, or your classy evening attire when worn with heels and a clutch.
Why did I set on this dress as my final summer wardrobe addition for this season?
- It is made of cotton, so it provides a natural and comfortable feel and a look that could be either casual or dressy.
- Midi dresses can be worn on so many occasions.
- The eyelet pattern is unique.
- The solid patches around and on the side of your waist are very strategically placed to give your figure a nice shape.
I added a bit of sparkle to the look with there gorgeous Henley drop stud earrings by Blush & Bar.
MERISU is hands down my favorite shop for dresses. Have you checked them out yet?
Sneakers: Levis (similar here)
Heels: Calvin Klein (similar here)
Blue Bag: Italian find (similar here)
Cream Clutch: Banana Republic (similar here)
Black Sunglasses: METISU
Avaiator Sunglasses: Guess (similar here)
Earrings: Blush & Bar
Hope your week has been going well. And “YES” I am posting for the second time this week! The solar eclipse must have gotten me, hehe!
Not sure if you can tell by the photos, but this girl is pretty tall–5.9′, some days 5.10′ (no heel height added), so when it comes to finding a maxi I never know if it would be long enough or sort of that awkward, show-your-ankle length that drives me insane… Well, tall girls, I have found the answer: the Burgundy Print Draped Maxi Dress by the trendy online boutique, PinkBlush!
Main reasons for loving this dress:
- It is long enough for tall girls – size Small, which is what I am wearing, measures 58 inches from high point of shoulder to hem–wahoooo!
- It is very flattering on your figure as the dress is draped, so it is perfect for brunch when you want all that yummy food. 🙂 The sash can be ties tight for waist definition or kept looser for a more comfortable feel.
- The material feels very gentle against your skin.
- The colors and pattern – both are perfect for Fall, so this dress would be making it to the office with me this coming season!
- Bonus for NEW MAMAS: The V-neckline and crossover design makes this dress perfect for nursing.
Have you recently found something you were looking for that fits your figure the way your desire?
Flats: Lucky Brand
Sunglases: Calvin Klein
Bag: Lucky Brand (similar here)
Earrings: Lucky Brand
Happy almost-weekend, lovelies!
Hello, beautiful people!
So what are two of my favorite things? Mid-week and mid-August? Hehe! Almost, although this time I will be talking about LACE and EMBROIDERY details. This week’s outfit has both and is a casual look I know I will be sporting from now till there are warm Fall days to enjoy.
Let’s dice this look into its comprising pieces:
- Jenny Surplice Blouse – this is one of my newest summer-to-fall additions. This blouse is so boho chic and “had me at its sleeves!” The lace detailing and the bell shape spoke to me from the moment I say this blouse on Stay Warm in Style’s page. I find the light mauve color so feminine and trendy, at the same time, as it has a “washed off” flair. The third favorite feature is the V-neckline with cross string detailing–adds to the “happening now” vibe of the blouse.
- Sienna Slim Boyfriend Jean – what is there not to love about these jeans? They are ripped, embroidered, comfy, have an aged, broken-in feel and pair up perfectly with the Jenny Blouse. Not only do they both ooze a boho vibe as one of the embroidered flower’s color is the perfect match with the top’s color.
- Floppy Hat – these are such a great accessory for Fall. A hat can add so much edge to an outfit and I feel like this one competes the look. It features a braided leather band with beaded tassel trim and a five-inch brim.
- A pair of sandstone heels and bag to match, and VOILA! The look is complete and ready for cooler summer evenings, fall days, or even some warm LA winter ones!
Top – Stay Warm in Style
Jeans – Lucky Brand
Hat – Lucky Brand
Heels – old Banana Republic (similar Sam Edelman pair here)
Bag – old BEBE (similar Rebecca Minkoff option here)
Sunglasses – Calvin Klein
Earrings – Lucky Brand
What has been you favorite casual look lately?
Can you believe we are approaching mid-August?!? I really don’t want summer to end… I know I live in sunny LA and should not be complaining about winter, however my love for summer goes back ever since I can remember myself!
I am actively avoiding looking at Fall collections and shopping for the season ahead just yet, so today I am sporting the funnest floral midi, by Stay Warm in Style, enjoying the rays of sunshine, flowers in bloom, birds’ songs, straw hats and sandals!
Those of you who have followed me for a while know that I love me a good sheath dress, however this fit and flair midi grabbed me with it’s vibrant floral print and mint base–it just oozes femininity and comfort all at the same time. I adore the length and “YES!” it has pockets!! And which girl does not like a dress with pockets?!? Once I had the dress in my hands I could also appreciate its material – it is so soft and gentle on your skin, which adds to the overall comfort I feel when wearing it. Today, I paired my new midi with lace up block heel sandals, a burgundy bag, a summer straw panama hat and round glasses to achieve a casual look, however this piece is so versatile and would look beautiful with a pair of red heels and a simple beige bag as it really does not need much accessorizing–it speaks for itself beautifully!
If you have never heard of Stay Warm in Style you should check out their site! It brings wonderful boho-inspired fashion to the world of boutique shopping. See what is new here and let me know what your favorite piece is!
Dress: Emma Midi Stay Warm in Style
Sandals: Lucky Brand
Bag: Lucky Brand
Panama Hat: Lucky Brand
Enjoy the week of summer till next time, lovelies!
Have you ever found a boutique that you fell in love with right away? I just did!! LUXE Boutique is IT–so excited to visit their page and discover tons of cute pieces and new items fly in so very frequently that I consistently want something more… and more…
So what did I finally set my eyes on?
The Bad to the Bow Top – Don’t you just love the name!?! So original and clever–puts a smile on my face, cause when I wear it I do feel bad to the bow! The coral color is very fresh–perfect for summer, the fit is as if someone sow it specifically for me, and of course the bow detail in the back–it is just the cherry on top of that Sundae! I also love the asymmetrical edge and the overall feminine feel of the top. It pairs perfectly with a black pencil skirt, a pair of white jeans, sailor pants, or even your favorite ripped denim styled with a pretty pair of heels!
The Floral Whimsy Romper – I call this my “BOLD & BEAUTIFUL” piece! The poppy print on this romper makes a unique and intrepid statement–great for the summer. The deep V neckline speaks the same daring language, while the belt provides excellent waist definition.
I paired this romper with red platform shoes and my favorite Oliver Bilou bag. Its dove color matches that of the daisies on the romper to perfection. The floral print is so versatile and would also look great with a pair of white or black heels and a bag to match. Grab your man and go on a date or call the girls and dance the night away in this pretty and feminine romper!
To see what is new at LUXE Boutique – check here and enjoy getting to know the awesome pieces they have to offer! Drop me a line to let me know what your LUXE favorite is! ❤
Happy mid-week! Doesn’t is feel joyous to know you are getting over the hump and half-way trough to the weekend?! On that note let me share a few fun facts about a fabric I love–SILK!
Did you know that silk is obtained from the cocoons of the larvae of the mulberry silkworm? It is a natural protein fiber that can be woven into fabric. Silk textile was first developed in ancient China and has been considered a luxurious material since 3630 BC, but is currently widely used in the medical field as well (magical properties, I tell ya!). It is very comfortable to wear in warm weather and while active, because it is very absorbent. It is also great for cold weather, as its low conductivity keeps warm air close to the skin. OK, so why am I going on and on about silk?!? Well, because I am in love with my new silk midi dress from METISU.
Why is this dress my new favorite?
- Silk is perfect for the summer heat and it does indeed give the dress a luxurious look, while my skin enjoys its softness;
- If you have read my prior article you know I love dresses that can go from a day in the office to a night out and this one fits the bill as it has midi length, half-sleeve, scoop neckline that all feels conservatively-elegant;
- The dress may look simple, but has so many details to enjoy: paneled design, tied waist, a split front and pockets! Yes, pockets – and I so LOVE having those!! Let’s be honest – I never use them as such, but just knowing they are there makes me feel cool!
- The color is not something you see every day and I know I will be wearing this dress well into Fall (when the weather permits that is) as it combined perfectly with earthy neutrals.
Have you checked out METISU’s dresses yet? They have trendy, new items (not just dresses, but I am just a sucker for those) every week! Let me know if you find anything you like on their website! There is an up to 70% mid-season sale right now! Would love to see it!
Heels: old Banana Republic, similar here
Clutch: old, similar here
Earrings and Necklace: Lucky Brand
Watch: Raymond Weil
Happy rest of the week, beauties!
Hope your weekend was full of pleasant surprises and happy times with family and friends! We had a fun birthday party to go to and made it to the beach just in time as the temperatures here are upward of 90 degrees and the ocean breeze always makes things better. I did get a little sun-burnt, but I should know better than to ignore the sunscreen when it is calling my name, hehe.
What made out trip to the beach even more fun were my funky All For Color Birds of Paradise Camille Convertible Maxi and our stylish Anchor Duffel Bag from Sloane Ranger.
This strapless convertible maxi is so eye-catching. I love the unique print, combining vibrant colors and a pretty leafs and birds design to create one attention-grabbing fabric masterpiece. It is made from the most comfy, untra soft, cotton jersey material which makes it a pleasure to wear. Since we went to the beach I used this dress as my cover-up, but it is also perfect as a skirt as the top part folds over, giving you the flexibility to combine it with your favorite summer tee! For more All For Color maxis, click here! For 20% OFF your purchase and free shipping on orders over $50 use code: OOTDINSTYLE.
And this gorgeous canvas Anchor Duffler! Is there a better bag to go to the beach with?!? It’s dimensions allowed me to fill it up with everything we may need for a day under the sun – beach towels, an extra set of clothes, water, diapers and baby essentials (it even doubled as a diaper bag!), sunscreen, and some snacks. The webbed shoulder strap makes it easy to carry hands-free for those moments when you need to grab a little hand to lead. The strap is detachable and adjustable to fit your desires. This bag is also fully lined and sports a vegan-friendly leather trim! Check the range of dufflers by Sloan Ranger here. If you like the anchor print, but want a different shape, check these out!
Dress: All For Color
Hat: Urban Outfitters
Duffel Bag: Sloane Ranger
Crochet Straw Tote: Nordstrom
Toddler Chambray Dress: Gap Baby
Toddler Sandals: H&M Kids
Toddler Sunglasses: Carters
Please, drop me a line and let me know what your favorite beach accessories are and whether you found your match at All For Color or Sloane Ranger! Happy summer!
Do I hear wedding bells? Yes, with summer comes wedding season and beautiful white dresses that we all want to wear all day, every day… But is it against the rules to be a wedding guest and wear a white dress? After all white and ivory are reserved for the bride and it is her day to shine. If you know the bride is more traditional I would recommend that you opt out of white and choose a pretty dress in a different color – blush is beautiful and still going strong this season, yellow is always cheerful and another great color for a summer day wedding, and mint green is soft and sophisticated – just to list a few.
However, if you know your bride is not one to care for the rules and has chosen a more contemporary approach to her wedding, then perhaps you can step into your white dress and enjoy her special day! Here are a few rules to help you make the right choice:
- Would the bride be in white or ivory?
- Do you know the bride well enough to ask her what she thinks of you white dress?
- Does your white dress look like something you would wear to your wedding shower?
- Is your dress made from lace, tulle, or any other fabric that resembles a wedding gown?
- Is your dress floor-length?
If you answer to questions 1, 3, 4, and 5 was “YES”, then think twice. If your answer to 2 was “YES”, then take a photo of your dress and share it with the bride.
Should you have decided to be wear white, the White Hollow Out Flounce Hem Midi Dress by Metisu is pure PERFECTION!! Why do I think so:
- The crew neckline keeps it classy as you are not showing any cleavage.
- The see-trough elements add just enough visual interest without being inappropriate at all.
- The midi length is stylish yet classy.
- The flounce hem is very feminine and romantic.
- The line of the dress is so elegant and sophisticated.
- This dress does not need jewelry – it speaks for itself. All you can add are some pearl earrings and a ring.
- The lace is not floral in pattern and hence does not resemble a bridal dress lace fabric.
- It pairs up perfectly with any bag – depending on the occasion! I chose this Sam Edelman navy and grey clutch with a silver chain as the rest of my jewels were silver.
- It is easy to put together with any heels! I chose a pair of BCBG peep toes in a navy, green, grey and white print, one I believe a bride would not wear with her wedding dress (in an effort not to look bridal.) This pair also matched up the clutch rounding off my accessories nicely.
Shoes: BCBG (another perfect pair here)
Clutch: Sam Edelman
Round Sunglasses: Polaroid
Watch: Raymond Weil
Earrings and Ring: Sundance
Have you even worn white to a wedding? What are you favorite wedding looks? What do you think of this dress? Drop me a line to let me know and have a wonderful week!
I just came back from a lovely Southern European vacation during which we visited Barcelona, Monaco, Cinque Terre, Rome, Corsica, and Palma de Mallorca. It is good to be home, but I already miss the excitement of exploring new places, discovering beautiful historical sights, enjoying the breathtaking views of homes nestled in the heels above the turquoise waters of the sea, meeting new cultures and people, and munching on Mediterranean delicacies – yummmmmm-nommm-nommmm!
The weather in Southern Europe this time of the year happened to be above 90F every single day, so wearing light clothing was the way to go, because who wants to walk around a gorgeous new spot drenched in sweat and feeling hot while there is so much to see and enjoy?! Not me–and I am one who likes the heat!
A favorite pieces of clothing for this vacation was the Peach Passion Tatum Cut Out Romper
from All For Color
! I spent an entire day in Palma de Mallorca in this cool romper. When I say “cool” I mean in both in the way it looks and how it made me feel temperature-wise. It sure kept me comfortable and feeling stylish while sightseeing from the top floor of a hop-on-hop-off bus (and whoever has taken those knows you can bake on one!!), visiting the Bellever Castle at noon (while the SUN sent all of its hot love our way <3), and enjoying a well-deserved espresso with some ice-cream by the beach in the later afternoon.
What do I love about this romper?
- The colorful print and fresh color palette attract the eye, while allowing you to combine the romper with accessories in orange, pink, blue or any of the neutral colors – beige, white, cream. I chose to pair it up with blue flats and a beige handbag.
- The cut-out shoulder design is right on trend letting you embrace the cold shoulder look.
- The elastic waistline gives your figure a boost by giving your middle section definition.
- The woven rayon material is so light and breathable – feels like you are wearing a feather which allows the breeze to come trough and keep you cool – perfect for a day in the sun.
- It is very lightweight and does not take any space in you luggage, which is great when you are trying to minimize the amount of stuff to haul during a long trip.
- Bonus – it does not wrinkle easily!
Don’t forget to check out All For Color
as they offer so many great articles of clothing perfect for summer – rompers, dresses, tops, bottoms, cover ups, pajamas, even scarfs and shawls – you are sure to find something to catch your eye and enhance your style! For 20% off orders over $50 plus free shipping
use code: “OOTDINSTYLE
Where would you be vacationing this summer? Drop me a line to let me know and have fun shopping for your vacation and expiring the world!
Hello ladies and gents!
Hope your three-days weekend was fantastic and marked the beginning of a fun and happy summer season!
I have to admit I am enjoying spring, however summer has always been my favorite season and in celebration of its arrival I am dedicating this post to the perfect outfit for a day under the sun.
What are the essentials a girl needs:
- a pretty sun dress – somehow dresses have this ability to make a girl feel pretty and want to twirl all around town… This one has me feeling exactly that way. The top is an embroidered eyelet bib with delicate straps and lots of vintage charm. The midi-length gives it a classy yet fun feel and the cotton fabric, as subtle as the design, is so light that you can barely feel it – just the right kind of material and style for a hot day. One thing to note is that the top part of the dress could be a bit tight. I purchased a size Small and it fits me well, however it may be a bit snug.
- a floppy hat – hats add so much character to a look! This wide brim, floppy beach hat is sure to also provide your face with great protection from the sun. I love its fringed edges and seaside vacation vibe!
- sunglasses – if you are like me and the sun really bugs your eyes, consider adding your favorite sunglasses – those would add some charm and protect out sight as well! 🙂
- a bag for your belongings – saddle bags have been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years – they are compact and can fit everything I need for a day. If you are heading to the beach pair this look with a cool beach tote (use code OOTDINSTYLE for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $50) and voila!
- some pretty jewellery to complete your look – this dress would look beautiful with both silver and gold jewels. I wanted my jewelry to be just as dainty as the dress, so I paired it up with a vintage rose necklace, gold earrings with some sparkle and a couple of gold rings (similar items here). I am very used to wearing a watch and owning a two-toned one has made it so easy to pair up with any other jewelry.
- a cute pair of shoes – which girl does not love heels?! This dress would look fab with some block-heel-lace-up sandals. For a day out and about, I love being able to roam around in comfort, so I opt out for flats during the day and leave heels for an evening/night out!
I want to THANK the sweet, talented, and professional Arianna Sharfman of Arianna Sharfman Photography for the beautiful images and the great conversation and ease she made me feel during our photoshoot. Check out her work – she is so incredibly friendly and a pleasure to work with!
Happy almost-summer, lovelies!!
Photo Credit: Ariana Sharfman