Happy New Year, lovelies! ❤
I hope Santa brought you the “magical pony” you desired and that 2019 would be filled with health, happiness, smiles, love, success, adventures, and contentment.
Aside from my magical pony Santa dropped off this awesome SHEIN Double Breasted Overlap Corduroy Dress for me! It is burgundy and pairs off perfectly with a white undershirt–think Santa was trying to drop me a hint to become one of his helpers? 😉 Just so it does not seem like I am late to the party, I decided to pair this chic corduroy dress with a black undershirt, black leggings, favorite booties and a black newspaper-boy hat. Doesn’t this ensemble spell simple, playful, stylish with a bit of French?!
The dress’ double breasted design, burgundy color and golden buttons give it a semi-formal flavor, while the corduroy fabric and front pockets bring out the casual, playful character of this piece. I find the dress “easy going”, yet with enough flavor to spice up an otherwise very basic black look.
Guess what? Santa dropped off something for you too: Q1ootdinstyle15 – use this code for 15% off your purchase from us.shein.com.
appy new year once more, ladies and gents!
Love Always, ❤
Hello lovelies and happy new week!
Have you though about replacing your beach cover up with an actual dress? I tend to do that almost 90% of the time as I like having an outfit that can carry me trough the day, from a morning/afternoon playing in the sand and the waves to an early dinner or drinks at my favorite food and cocktail spot.
Meet my latest partner in beach-going to restaurant-hopping crime – the SHEIN Lace Trim Eyelet Embroidered Dress. She is cute, fun and easy-going, breads in sunshine and exhales vacation vibes! She is made with 100% cotton material and her light and breezy fit and flare silhouette is sure to keep you cool while looking hot! 😉 The body of this beautiful A-line dress is made by an eyelet fabric, trimmed by gorgeous lace around the hem, sleeves and the V-neckline. This combo creates a floral-like, soft, monochrome effect which is eye-catching and ropes you in with gentleness and femininity. This dress comes in two colors–the blush I am wearing and a white–which is equally as pleasing and visually appealing.
Dress | Bag | Sandals | Sunglasses | Watch | Necklace | Lip Gloss
Would you wear the Lace Trim Eyelet Embroidered Dress to the beach? Would love to hear what you think.
Happy, happy summer to you! 🌞 Summer is my favorite season–it brings this vacation vibe that stays around for a few months. The weather is warm and the beach is calling your name. It is time to wear fun dresses and enjoy warm nights talking to friends, sipping on drinks garnished with umbrellas, laughing the night away.
Last week I introduced you to my favorite button front summer dress, this week it is time to show you a shorter option with some ruffle flair, the SHEIN Keyhole Back Ruffle Hem Shirred Panel Dress. This little number makes me want to dance. The body of the dress is made out of a stretchy, band-like material that hugs your curves and adds romanticism with ruffles by the sleeves and at the bottom of the dress. The red and white pattern add to the fun character of the dress and so does the tear drop open back detail. The dress is made out of cotton–one of my favorite natural fabrics for the summer. I ordered a size medium and the fit is pretty great aside from the length, but I am also 5’9”, so it would be a lot longer on someone who is not quite as tall.
I keep on looking at SHEIN’s website and discovering cute new summer dresses. Have you checked those out lately?
What is your latest summer find? Let me know in the comments section.
How was your weekend? Did you get to do anything exciting?
I have been thinking about what sort of dresses I like to wear during the winter time and since Los Angeles winters are not as harsh, we have to keep our wardrobes suitable for temperatures in the high 50s F as well as those in the high 80s F. So today, I offer you a light and a heavy winter dress option.
The Heavy Weight – Cable-knit Turtleneck Sweater Dress – this beauty is SO warm it is sure to be the perfect partner for a snow storm or a freezing front moving your way. The material it is knit from is pretty thick and it also has the coziest turtleneck, which would keep you covered without the need to add a scarf. You can layer the dress over your leggings and undershirt, add OTK boots and a coat and you are ready to conquer a cold day in style. I also love the cable-skit patterns and this easy-to-fit-any-wardrobe mocha color. The day I wore the sweater dress was not super cold, so I was able to combine it with my boots and added a belt for some waist definition. This is a “one-size” item. I am 5’9 and it fits me well, but I had to close the side-slips as these were coming up a little too high on me, however if you are a bit shorter those would add some visual interest too!
Dress (sponsored) | Boots | Bag | Hat | Glasses
The Light Weight – Marled Knit Cowl Neck Ribbed Pencil Dress – I had my eye on this dress for a couple of months and wondered whether it is thin or thick–now that I have it I can tell you that it it lighter and would be perfect for warmer winter days (accompanied with a coat, boots, and some tights), as well as most spring and fall days. I love how elegant the dress looks – it has a metallic streak running trough its knit, ribbed fabric and accentuates your curves with its fitted silhouette. The combination of a midi-length and cowl neck bring additional class to this garment. This past weekend was very warm, so I got to wear the dress with red pumps during the day and suede high boots in the evening.
Dress (sponsored) | Heels | Bag | Glasses
Have you taken a look at the fun dresses ROMWE has to offer? Let me know if you do pick anything from their site–would love to see what caught your eye!
This week is my time to show you my favorite ROMWE looks. In my prior post I shared my favorite new dungaree dress styled with a bell sleeved top–both from ROMWE and now I am introducing you to a few more dress options suitable for different occasions one may have this season.
Button Front Strap Denim Overall Dress – I cannot help, but start with my favorite. Denim overalls are so in this season and this dress has so much casual sophistication… Check out how I styled it here. This layering queen is only $22.
One Side Tiered Ruffle Trim Dress – this dress screams: “Take me to the Christmas party!” to me. It is simple and elegant with just enough thrills for such a company event. Can you believe this beauty is under $20?
Tiered Frill Sleeve Tunic Dress – talk about drama in the sleeves!! This dress seems to have a very laid-back feel, however it is trendy at the same time and would be a perfect partner for a weekend outing with the girls. This trendy dress would not heart your wallet at only $14.99!
Marled Knit Cowl Neck Ribbed Pencil Dress – last but not least–this cozy option is sure to keep you warm while you are out and about running errands or even going to work. This dress is only $11!
Which one is your favorite?
Have a fab weekend, lovelies!
This week, I have partnered with ZAFUL to bring you two perfect looks involving none other than the printed wrap dress itself! Wrap dresses peaked in popularity in the mid to late 70’s, and then in the late 90’s.. but have remained a strong female closet staple into the 2010’s.
Look 1: Have to wear a wrap dress to work
ZAFUL has such a cute arsenal of dresses, but for this look I pickled a beautiful Green Slit Beach Printed Wrap Dress. It hits right at the knee, has a sleeve and an asymmetrical front to back line giving it an extra oomph and making it very work-appropriate. Although it is very subtle, the black trim detail on the sleeve gave me the inspiration for accessorizing this look–black pumps, black suede cross-body bag, and black frame, oversized sunglasses. The little cream leaf print could also serve as an accessory color, giving you more options to play with.
The dress is very comfy as it is made from a cotton-polyester blend that would keep you comfy all day long. I am wearing a size Small and it is true to size. To transition this dress into fall and keep it office smart, add a structured blazer and voila!
Look 2: How to turn your wrap dress into a boho piece
For my boho inspired look I selected the Checked Ruffles Wrap Casual Dress. The cut of this piece appealed to me right away–these is something about a dress that is longer and well-fitted enough to make you feel sexy while not being over-exposed… And this dress does exactly that!
The gingham pattern gives it an every-day vibe and the sleeve trim detailing adds extra flavor. To achieve a boho feel I added a panama hat, a pair of black pumps, and a coral handbag for a bit of color. This dress is also made from a poly-cotton blend making it soft and gentle to your skin. On cooler days, I can see myself wearing this dress with a black leather moto jacket and a pair of booties. Side note: I generally wear a size Small, but ordered a Medium after reading the reviews, and I too would suggest going up a size for your order.
If you like ZAFUL or have never shopper there before, check them out and use surprise code: ZFEN for a discount off your order! 🙂
Are you a fan of wrap dresses? How do you wear yours?
Hello, beautiful people!
So what are two of my favorite things? Mid-week and mid-August? Hehe! Almost, although this time I will be talking about LACE and EMBROIDERY details. This week’s outfit has both and is a casual look I know I will be sporting from now till there are warm Fall days to enjoy.
Let’s dice this look into its comprising pieces:
- Jenny Surplice Blouse – this is one of my newest summer-to-fall additions. This blouse is so boho chic and “had me at its sleeves!” The lace detailing and the bell shape spoke to me from the moment I say this blouse on Stay Warm in Style’s page. I find the light mauve color so feminine and trendy, at the same time, as it has a “washed off” flair. The third favorite feature is the V-neckline with cross string detailing–adds to the “happening now” vibe of the blouse.
- Sienna Slim Boyfriend Jean – what is there not to love about these jeans? They are ripped, embroidered, comfy, have an aged, broken-in feel and pair up perfectly with the Jenny Blouse. Not only do they both ooze a boho vibe as one of the embroidered flower’s color is the perfect match with the top’s color.
- Floppy Hat – these are such a great accessory for Fall. A hat can add so much edge to an outfit and I feel like this one competes the look. It features a braided leather band with beaded tassel trim and a five-inch brim.
- A pair of sandstone heels and bag to match, and VOILA! The look is complete and ready for cooler summer evenings, fall days, or even some warm LA winter ones!
Top – Stay Warm in Style
Jeans – Lucky Brand
Hat – Lucky Brand
Heels – old Banana Republic (similar Sam Edelman pair here)
Bag – old BEBE (similar Rebecca Minkoff option here)
Sunglasses – Calvin Klein
Earrings – Lucky Brand
What has been you favorite casual look lately?
Can you believe we are approaching mid-August?!? I really don’t want summer to end… I know I live in sunny LA and should not be complaining about winter, however my love for summer goes back ever since I can remember myself!
I am actively avoiding looking at Fall collections and shopping for the season ahead just yet, so today I am sporting the funnest floral midi, by Stay Warm in Style, enjoying the rays of sunshine, flowers in bloom, birds’ songs, straw hats and sandals!
Those of you who have followed me for a while know that I love me a good sheath dress, however this fit and flair midi grabbed me with it’s vibrant floral print and mint base–it just oozes femininity and comfort all at the same time. I adore the length and “YES!” it has pockets!! And which girl does not like a dress with pockets?!? Once I had the dress in my hands I could also appreciate its material – it is so soft and gentle on your skin, which adds to the overall comfort I feel when wearing it. Today, I paired my new midi with lace up block heel sandals, a burgundy bag, a summer straw panama hat and round glasses to achieve a casual look, however this piece is so versatile and would look beautiful with a pair of red heels and a simple beige bag as it really does not need much accessorizing–it speaks for itself beautifully!
If you have never heard of Stay Warm in Style you should check out their site! It brings wonderful boho-inspired fashion to the world of boutique shopping. See what is new here and let me know what your favorite piece is!
Dress: Emma Midi Stay Warm in Style
Sandals: Lucky Brand
Bag: Lucky Brand
Panama Hat: Lucky Brand
Enjoy the week of summer till next time, lovelies!
I just came back from a lovely Southern European vacation during which we visited Barcelona, Monaco, Cinque Terre, Rome, Corsica, and Palma de Mallorca. It is good to be home, but I already miss the excitement of exploring new places, discovering beautiful historical sights, enjoying the breathtaking views of homes nestled in the heels above the turquoise waters of the sea, meeting new cultures and people, and munching on Mediterranean delicacies – yummmmmm-nommm-nommmm!
The weather in Southern Europe this time of the year happened to be above 90F every single day, so wearing light clothing was the way to go, because who wants to walk around a gorgeous new spot drenched in sweat and feeling hot while there is so much to see and enjoy?! Not me–and I am one who likes the heat!
A favorite pieces of clothing for this vacation was the Peach Passion Tatum Cut Out Romper
from All For Color
! I spent an entire day in Palma de Mallorca in this cool romper. When I say “cool” I mean in both in the way it looks and how it made me feel temperature-wise. It sure kept me comfortable and feeling stylish while sightseeing from the top floor of a hop-on-hop-off bus (and whoever has taken those knows you can bake on one!!), visiting the Bellever Castle at noon (while the SUN sent all of its hot love our way <3), and enjoying a well-deserved espresso with some ice-cream by the beach in the later afternoon.
What do I love about this romper?
- The colorful print and fresh color palette attract the eye, while allowing you to combine the romper with accessories in orange, pink, blue or any of the neutral colors – beige, white, cream. I chose to pair it up with blue flats and a beige handbag.
- The cut-out shoulder design is right on trend letting you embrace the cold shoulder look.
- The elastic waistline gives your figure a boost by giving your middle section definition.
- The woven rayon material is so light and breathable – feels like you are wearing a feather which allows the breeze to come trough and keep you cool – perfect for a day in the sun.
- It is very lightweight and does not take any space in you luggage, which is great when you are trying to minimize the amount of stuff to haul during a long trip.
- Bonus – it does not wrinkle easily!
Don’t forget to check out All For Color
as they offer so many great articles of clothing perfect for summer – rompers, dresses, tops, bottoms, cover ups, pajamas, even scarfs and shawls – you are sure to find something to catch your eye and enhance your style! For 20% off orders over $50 plus free shipping
use code: “OOTDINSTYLE
Where would you be vacationing this summer? Drop me a line to let me know and have fun shopping for your vacation and expiring the world!
Hello ladies and gents!
Hope your three-days weekend was fantastic and marked the beginning of a fun and happy summer season!
I have to admit I am enjoying spring, however summer has always been my favorite season and in celebration of its arrival I am dedicating this post to the perfect outfit for a day under the sun.
What are the essentials a girl needs:
- a pretty sun dress – somehow dresses have this ability to make a girl feel pretty and want to twirl all around town… This one has me feeling exactly that way. The top is an embroidered eyelet bib with delicate straps and lots of vintage charm. The midi-length gives it a classy yet fun feel and the cotton fabric, as subtle as the design, is so light that you can barely feel it – just the right kind of material and style for a hot day. One thing to note is that the top part of the dress could be a bit tight. I purchased a size Small and it fits me well, however it may be a bit snug.
- a floppy hat – hats add so much character to a look! This wide brim, floppy beach hat is sure to also provide your face with great protection from the sun. I love its fringed edges and seaside vacation vibe!
- sunglasses – if you are like me and the sun really bugs your eyes, consider adding your favorite sunglasses – those would add some charm and protect out sight as well! 🙂
- a bag for your belongings – saddle bags have been a favorite of mine for the past couple of years – they are compact and can fit everything I need for a day. If you are heading to the beach pair this look with a cool beach tote (use code OOTDINSTYLE for 20% off and free shipping on orders over $50) and voila!
- some pretty jewellery to complete your look – this dress would look beautiful with both silver and gold jewels. I wanted my jewelry to be just as dainty as the dress, so I paired it up with a vintage rose necklace, gold earrings with some sparkle and a couple of gold rings (similar items here). I am very used to wearing a watch and owning a two-toned one has made it so easy to pair up with any other jewelry.
- a cute pair of shoes – which girl does not love heels?! This dress would look fab with some block-heel-lace-up sandals. For a day out and about, I love being able to roam around in comfort, so I opt out for flats during the day and leave heels for an evening/night out!
I want to THANK the sweet, talented, and professional Arianna Sharfman of Arianna Sharfman Photography for the beautiful images and the great conversation and ease she made me feel during our photoshoot. Check out her work – she is so incredibly friendly and a pleasure to work with!
Happy almost-summer, lovelies!!
Photo Credit: Ariana Sharfman